Did you catch my April Fool’s trick yesterday?

Yeah, the chocolate covered veggies was all a joke.  April Fool’s (a day late)!!

(In case you missed it, click here.)

Did I fool you?

Were you one who hurried and clicked away after reading that I mixed chocolate and veggies?!?!  Ha.  Yeah, I know.  Gross.   (I even tasted them all in the process to be sure it was actually gross.  Yep, they were.  Especially the broccoli.)

I’m sorry if you thought I had finally gone crazy.  And had become desperate for content.  Imagining what you were all really thinking still makes me laugh.  Ha.

However, believe it or not, my crazy kiddos actually liked it.  Forgive them…….they think anything coated in a sugary substance (that I don’t give them freely) makes anything delicious.  So hey, maybe if you have a little one that refuses his/her greens, dip them in chocolate.  You may have a winner! :)

Thanks for the laugh.  Enjoy your day.

-Ashley

Comments

28 Responses to “Did you catch my April Fool’s trick yesterday?”
    Sarah says:

hahah- ok, you DID get me! I should have seen it coming. I read that and thought that was the craziest idea I’ve ever heard. I have to admit though, the toilet one WAS the best. You always manage to pull off a good prank every year. Congrats to you, :)

Michele T says:

Good one!! I have to say that in my mind the thought was like this: “Sheesh! I don’t think my kids would ever be convinced that chocolate could make veggies taste better… whew! Sure glad they like ‘em the way I make ‘em” So, I guess ya got me too!!

Sarah says:

You got me!! I love seeing your April Fools posts. I never remember that you do such good ones so you trick me every time! I remember thinking, “With all the beautiful things she makes, she wants us to join in putting fabric on out TOILETS?!” last year! ;)

Nadine says:

Yup, I was one of those peeps who clicked away FAST…and then went and washed my mouth out with caramel :-) I thought “Her poor kids!” I can’t believe they actually liked it! That was a good one – I’m sure you got a LOT of us :-)

Ha, ha, you got me for sure! I’m newly pregnant and that made me feel very sick just looking at your pictures, lol. I thought of your post later in the grocery store, too, and had to quickly think of something else. ;)

Kerry says:

You really did get me. I have to confess, I thought you had gone a little crazy!

Brittany says:

The funny thing is, my husband deep fried carrots last night, just to see what would happen! Made me think of you!

Kris says:

When I was a kid, I convinced a babysitter to make chocolate covered carrots for me assuring her that my mom made them “all the time”. I liked carrots and chocolate so, they had to be awesome together, right? Ack! Even I didn’t eat them. I was remembering that when I read your post.

Amy says:

Lol! I completely fell for it…. I did you think that you were a bit strange, but whatever it takes to get them to eat veggies…. :-D

Susie Hamlin says:

I even showed the post to my 8th grade FACS students – even they thought it was gross…I really did think you were getting desperate to get your kids to eat veggies!

melle e says:

oh. em. gee.

i have to be honest, i showed them to my kidlet, who is 11 and a chocolate fiend like me. we just looked at each other. eww. gross.

first. WHY would you mess up a carrot and brocolli like that.
    and second… why would you desecrate the holy food of chocolate like that?!?

lol! i was feeling so bad for your kids. i’m glad it was a joke!

Chris says:

*raising hand* I fell for it, hook, line and sinker!!! I was sitting here shaking my head thinking….how gross is that and what a waste of perfectly good chocolate.

Jill says:

I’m still cracking up! You’re hilarious! I kept thinking….what in world..chocolate covered veggies….some people are weird! ha! I loved the April Fools of years past, too! That toilet….OMG! It can’t get any better than that! I mean seriously…fringe around a toilet bowl…ha! LOL! I’m still cracking up! Have a fun day! Smiles, Jill

Diana says:

I TOTALLY fell for it. I even pinned in on Pinterest! hahahahaha!!! I still think I’d like to try the carrots…maybe even fresh green beans? I’ve been on a complete “let’s eat healthy, family” kick…so your joke totally drew me in! After all, a new study shows that those who eat chocolate get skinny (or something like that). I was so impressed that your son was liking the broccoli. ;-)

Anne says:

OH MY GOSH, HOW COULD YOU? Haha. Wow. I thought something must be up. My little brother was looking at this pst over my shoulder, and made gagging noises like crazy. I tried to defend you, but it was a pretty lame defense.

Ellie says:

Hi, my name is GULLIBLE! I didn’t even think it could be gross, I trusted you that much! I was seriously speeding through the post so I could go make some for my kids. I am desperate to get veggies in them and am equally desperate to allow myself another form of chocolate so it seemed perfect to me. I was totally disappointed it was a fool and that it didn’t actually taste good! I’ve only been sewing since last July and found your blog shortly thereafter so I didn’t realize you were an April fooler. Although April 1 is my dad’s birthday, we pretty much never did jokes and I never think to start it with my kids. Good job though, looks like you fooled most of us!

April says:

I found out that peanut butter is good on broccoli and carrot sticks, surprisingly, so why not chocolate? I didn’t even think about it being April Fools. I was going to give it a try. silly me.

Diane Porter says:

You silly :>)

ha,ha. good one Ashley! But you know what, I think I’m gonna give it a try, haha! Seriously, I’m really desperate how to make my kids eat vegetable.

Taylor says:

:) Haha…so funny! Blessings!

Holli says:

I just thought you were weird. Couldn’t believe the smile on your girl’s face. Good little actors you’ve got. You got me last year too with the toilet decorating. I remember thinking, who on EARTH would want to wash that!

Kenna says:

I was kind of rushing through while reading and thought, “I guess whatever it takes…” Too funny!!

Kiersten says:

You got me for a second, mostly because it wasn’t April fool’s day anymore! I do have a friend who once made chocolate covered beets just because he thought it would be a fun experiment. They looked nasty to me so I didn’t try them. I’m sure my kids wouldn’t go for chocolate covered veggies (my son doesn’t even like chocolate!) but dipped in ketchup? That’ll get ‘em every time.

Well aren’t you just soooo funny! HAHA…I thought it was for real! The only thing I had questioned was the chocolate covered radishes! But hey, there is always something new on the horizon, and I really thought this was real! I even was going to try it! :)) Still might!

THAT was a good one! I am still laughing that I fell for it! LOL

THANK YOU for the chuckles.

Carmen says:

Reminds me – when I was little I loved maraschino cherries. Even the green kind. So a couple of times my parents put peas on ice cream and called them cherries (yes I was pretty young).

Haha! You totally got me!

P.S. Not trying to whine, but FYI your site freezes my computer. Do you think you could make your photos a little lower resolution? Over the last month I’ve realized that I’ve had trouble every time I stop by–bummer! Anyway, you don’t have to change anything just for me, but I thought I’d share the feedback anyway.

dawn says:

you got me! too funny! i read it and thought that’s strange and cool it works but i’m not trying it :)

Tealia says:

omg i totally fell for that.