I can’t believe it…

Did you notice the winner of the KB Digital Designs photo shoot giveaway?  Scroll down or click here.

. . . . .

There are several things that I “can’t believe” today:

• My husband is currently taking his final tests for PA school.  He is seriously all done (well, just about).  Wow.  We don’t even know a married life without some sort of schooling going on.
  • My husband has signed his first contract for his real live career.  I was beginning to think that we’d be students FOR. EV. ER.
  • We are moving into our own home again.  Soon.
  • The grey hairs on my head have multiplied and have had babies.  Rude.

The biggest thing?

• My itty bitty baby girl……..just turned one.  Holy smokes.  Where did the last year go?

Some of you have been around a while.  So you may remember when I was nearing the end of my pregnancy a little over a year ago, getting anxious to have our newest baby.  And then freaking out, because my big belly was overdue.  And you guys all guessed how big my baby would be.  And then she came.  Finally.

And many of you were close with your guesses.  My beautiful and pudgy little porker came out at a whopping 11 pounds.  But she was my smoothest and quickest labor.  Bless her.

Gosh, this picture takes me right back.  I miss those tender first few days.

But that little baby girl has reached about 7,000 mile stones since then and is turning into a little girl.  A big one year old.

Hooray.

This Little Miss has lots of sass.  And definitely knows how to protect herself from two bigger siblings.

But that little spunk makes me love her from the top of her fuzzy little head…….all the way down to her itty bitty little toes.  Mmmmm.

Just recently, we celebrated a year of milestones.  And a year of extra loves and kisses in our home.

On her birthday, this one enjoyed her first taste of cake.  And well, it was her first taste of any kind of sugar.  She had a tight grip on that cake for most the time.  I think she was afraid we may take away the most delicious flavor she had ever placed on her tongue.  Oh my, we may have a daughter who loves her sugar like her momma.  (Because her big sister isn’t a huge fan.)

And that’s what we’ve been up to lately.

Lots of changes that I just “can’t believe”.  Including this baby turning into a one-year-old.

**I didn’t make the dress/leggings.  Target did.  But the shoes are the ones I made here.

Comments

52 Responses to “I can’t believe it…”
    Michele says:

What a doll! Such a happy baby.

Aww! I love seeing pictures of her because I have a little boy who just turned one on March 18th. What date was she born? I am just aching for a little girl- I have two little boys. Love the dress- you should do a tutorial on making your own adult dress like that hehe.

Amy says:

I can’t believe I found someone who had a bigger baby than I did! My third baby (5 weeks old) weighed 10 lbs 12 oz, but I delivered her by C-section. Your daughter’s pictures remind me a lot of my first with those chubby cheeks. She ONLY weighed 9 lbs 13 oz!

Chelsey says:

She is so super sweet. Been a follower for awhile and remember when she was born! Congrats!!!!

What a cutie! These pictures made me smile. Time flies, doesn’t it?

Natalie says:

Oh my gosh, has it really already been a year!?! That went by so fast! She is so stinking cute…she looks like such a happy kid!

Carrie-Lousie Dixon says:

Love the picture with her little tongue sticking out xx

Kristy says:

Congratulations and Happy Birthday.
    I have been reading your blog for a while but have never commented but I just had to stop and say that those photos are absolutely priceless. Adorable!!!

Suzanne says:

She is absolutely adorable! Love the pictures of her as a newborn and now! So cute!

Lani Derrick says:

I totally feel for you! We have always been in school and currently hubs is in his 2nd semester of FNP school, the program is THREE years! I’m already exhausted.

Stephanie says:

Oh wow she is a cutie! Happy first birthday to her! And I gotta say thought that I am a little dissapointed that you didn’t make that dress, its so cute and I was hoping that there would be a tutorial LOL. At least it looks easy enough, maybe I can tackle it myself ;) I’m a little addicted to making most of my daughters’ clothes.

Karin says:

Awwwww Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Our littles are almost exactly the same age! My sweet baby girl just turned one on the 18th! Congrats on everything!!!!

She is ADORABLE!! I hadn’t found your blog till June, but I went back in the archives and saw every. single. post. That’s how much I like your blog!!

Mindy says:

beautiful captures! You didn’t add the flowers to the Target dress?

me encantaron!
    te felicito!!
    NICE!!

Happy Birthday to your little one. She is a doll!

Resmi says:

Ashley, she is so so cute! Many happy returns on her birthday!

Resmi

Heather says:

What a sweetheart. And you are such a cute mommy. Thank you for loving your kids and family and for enduring years and years of marriage during school. And for sharing your whit and talent with me :)

Julie Denney says:

I’ve been following for a while and remember the end of your pregnancy well, as it was the end of mine too. It goes so fast, and those baby girls are so darn cute, aren’t they? (Mine’s a girl too.) Thanks for sharing your family and creative journeys with us. I enjoy reading your posts very much. :) Congrats on all your new and exciting changes. I can only imaigne what fun things you’ll be able to do once you’re in your own house. I’m excited for you!

brittany says:

Happy birthday! My Emma just turned one this month too. It went by sooo fast! I love the pictures of you and your baby girl in her Target dress. Good to know you don’t make ALL their clothes :)

CONGRATULATIONS to your husband…

HaPpY BABY BiRtHdAy…

and I’m very happy for your family. You’ve done a great job holding it all together for them. Excited for you!

Kelly Block says:

Happy Birthday to your sweet baby! I know how you feel my youngest of 3 is creeping up on 1 really fast. (April 4th) She is so sweet and I can’t believe how fast this year has gone. I wish that I could keep her a sweet little baby forever or long enough to get my baby fix every once and awhile. Well, congrats to your whole family it sounds like you have a ton of great things going on right now.

SheilaG says:

Aw, she is adorable! Happy birthday, Chloe. And congrats to hubby! :)

Oh, happy birthday to her! She was a big baby! I thought my 9 pound baby was big! She is so cute so it doesn’t matter anyway (your daughter I mean).

Maria says:

Congratulations, little Chloe! You are such a cutie pie. I love your name, too!

angela r j says:

Hooray for being pretty much done with PA school!! My husband is a PA and I remember the school days well – it wasn’t that long ago. Congratulations on that milestone (as well as your youngest turning one)!

Edie says:

She is adorable, as are all your children. You are looking very well yourself missy! Keep up keeping up!

Sierra says:

I was starting to wonder if you ever bought any clothes or if you made all of them! :) your little one is adorable…all of your kids are! We have an 11 month old, so it’s been fun to see all the babies around her age grow together. It is amazing how fast the years has passed. Our little one (macie) is our first, and sometimes it felt she would never grow up, but now she’s running all over the place and I kinda miss our cuddle time. :)
    I love checking your website. I check it nearly every day and have made nearly all of the baby clothes you have posted. I am comfortable making patterns up now and they usually work, and I owe it all to all of your wonderful tutorials so thank you. :) Did you attend BYU or BYU-Idaho? I thought I read something about that somewhere. I attended BYU and would be kicking myself if we were there at the same time and could have crafted together, but hadn’t ever met.
    Anyways…hope all is going well.

katie says:

your little girl and i share a birthday :)

Alexandra says:

Congrats on all this wonderful news! I married my hubs his junior year of undergrad, we have been together for 4 years of med school, and now almost 4 years of residency….we are getting close and are so excited to see where God takes us! Can’t imagine what it will be like without some kind of school/training as well!! Happy birthday little lady!!

Kel in Oz says:

What a lovely post. A beautiful smiling baby always make me smile – so thank you!

All the best for the next twelve months :-) xx

Aunt Jeri says:

Happy birthday Chloe! So thankful for computers so we can “see” her grow up! Tell S good luck on his finals. We heard that you would be moving. Sad that you aren’t moving closer to Idaho but happy that you are able to settle down a little bit! Love to you all!

Kristina Noall says:

I’m so happy for you guys, getting to be done with school and get your own home!! I dream of that. My husband has one more year of grad school. But then, I’m just waiting around for my second one to be born–three days overdue now!–and you’ve been doing the student life with three! So congrats, and good luck with the new career and new home!

Such an adorable and happy baby girl,,she is precious!

Rachel says:

Happy birthday to your sweet baby girl. She’s such a cutie!

Meaghan says:

My 3rd little girl is just 5 months and seeing the born-1 y/o photos brings home how precious their first 12 months is and how much they grow….I’m going to go and ignore my tiredness, housework and “must do’s” to spend a litte time with Miss Maggie while I can – thanks for the reminder of how precious they are.

Sabrina says:

Congrats to your husband for his completion of PA school…that is a busy 2 years! Congrats to you for also making it through! My husband is a PA…and I remember how excited we were to be done with school. He loves being a PA…which makes school totally worth it! Can you share the general direction you are going to be moving? I’m hoping it is closer to where I live!

courtney says:

I’ve been following your blog for quite some time. Congratulations to your hubby and your family! I look forward to checking your blog every day. Your blog actually inspired me to start my own!

Sami says:

I share a birthday with your little girl. She is so cute, the Target dress very cute too, are the flowers added on? Congrats to your husband for finishing his course too. You must be proud of him, it´s not easy to study as an adult, married and with kids as well!

Roz says:

I can’t believe your baby doll is 1 year old already! It seems to have gone so quickly. I love love love your blog. I have a 5 year old little girl and can’t wait to settle down into life and sew sew sew like you do for your girls. Thanks for putting so much effort into your blog for us. xoxo

Sarah says:

Happy birthday,sweet girl! It’s so fun to watch you grow!! ♥

Tracy says:

Congrats on the job and pending move! (again!). And happy birthday to little bit! I love celebrating 1st birthdays!

Rachel Hipps says:

Aw! What a cutie pie! I love her little ponytail!

Danae says:

My “baby” just turned 3 this week, and I am in serious denial! I love how fun she is now, but I wish for about 5 minutes at a time I could wrap her back up and rock her like when she was a baby. Goes by too fast!!
    Congrats on finishing school and the job and all– you’re a trooper!

Amy M. says:

OMGosh she is so precious! Thanks for sharing <3

amy says:

so darling! happy birthday to your beautiful daughter and congrats to hubby for his new career!

Kim N. says:

Eeee! The PANCE or just the last tests of the program?! So exciting!! (I was thinking you said April for the PANCE.)

Happy birthday to your little one…she is a doll!

cucicucicoo says:

how very sweet these pictures are! congratulations to you all for birthday, school and job! and i’m worried that the gray hairs on your head might have learned from the ones on mine. I know they’re as rude as can be!! ;) lisa

Carolyn says:

Oh how wonderful all the changes! I’m so happy for you! Thank you for sharing all the cute pictures; I was grinning like a fool at each one. The first year goes so fast, and is so precious. In fact ALL the years are precious. My little baby girl is 22 now, and still a total delight to spend time with. And the gray hairs… well, they do tend to reproduce fast, but consider them a shining crown, you’ve probably earned every one of them.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] has been the only one of my three kiddos to grow from pregnancy, to being born, to turning one, and now turning 2 years old…..here on this blog.  [...]