Hello from Idaho…

(**Warning:  I have toddlers.  So potty words like “poop” don’t phase me much.  But beware, there are many references to “poop” in this post.  So if potty words make your stomach churn, click away now.)

A quick post from Idaho.

We are totally loving our time here.  So many family and friends and old memories. It’s good to be here for a visit.

We have been running around everywhere, visiting lots of people and places.

I’ll share more later.  But for now, a little bit from our visit to a petting zoo.

My little guy kept following this pot belly pig around, toddling a few feet behind him at all times………………meandering through the trees and around the grass.

At one point, the pig stopped.  So did my little boy.  The pig didn’t move a muscle.  Neither did my boy.

And then the look on my little boy’s face completely changed.

Can you take a guess what happened?

He couldn’t believe it.

Animals fascinate my children.  But poop apparently tops that.

I’m pretty sure my 4 year old daughter would never chase after pot belly pig poop, trying to get an up close look.

Boys are funny.

And Idaho has been fun.

I’ll share more later.

(And projects will resume next week.  I have a few in store…)

Comments

36 Responses to “Hello from Idaho…”
    Sidra Amjed says:

hehehe !!
    I love your son’s reaction to the piggy poop !!
    Hilarious !

Jessica says:

How funny! I have 3 boys and I can see the older 2 doing the same thing!

Dominique says:

That is priceless!!! :) I have an almost 2-year old boy and another on the way…and 2 boy dogs…so I can only imagine with the future will bring!

Brenda says:

Oh Ashely.. This post made me laugh SO HARD!!!! The looks on his sweet face are priceless!! And anyone who gets offended by poop talk obviously doesn’t have little boys running around! =) Thank you for sharing these! I needed a great laugh today!

brittany says:

say hello to Idaho for me. I always miss that place. There’s no place like home.

The pictures you caught of your son are so cute! Poop talk is an every day occurrence around here, too! :)

Emily says:

Hahaha! Kidsd and poop :) We were driving my mom’s new draft horse down the road with my three year old when poop happened, as it will with horses. She was quite impressed. A fair way down the road my mom turned around to check for cars and my daughter responded “the poops way back there” in the most matter of fact voice. We got a good laugh that she thought we’d check on the poop. Maybe she thought we expected it to follow us :D!

Jenn Martinsen says:

I miss Idaho too:) What part of Idaho are you at?

Irina says:

Hi, I tried to leave a comment on the actual post – the car seat tutorial, but i coldn’t. I have featured the tutorial in a blog post called 20 ways with piping. Please check it out if you’d like.

Best regards
    Irina

Rachael says:

haha that was hilarious! I love the sequence of pictures! :)

Becca says:

Oh that made my day! Little boys are TOO funny! I love that you’ve captured his reaction so perfectly. I literally was laughing out loud!

Morgan says:

I’m from Idaho. And boy do I miss it. My hubby got stationed in Virginia, so you could imagine how much I miss home. I am far away from home! Where is the petting zoo that you went to?

oh man that was funny! thanks for the laugh, though pictures are so great! i can just hear him…..

Karan says:

Loved the pictures. They are sure cute at that age when out exploring.

Karan

Emily says:

Why is poop so hilarious to little guys? My 3-year-old starts AND ends every sentence with “poopy diaper”. “Poopy diaper, can I have a cracker, poopy diaper?”

Cracks me up!

Just the laugh I needed! I was born in Mountain Home Idaho! Glad you are enjoying your visit! Boys…they never fail to entertain!

Becky says:

nice catches of his faces!!

Bethany says:

Hahahaha! That’s a good laugh! What adorable faces he made! Very cute :-)

♥ Bethany

Yep, I think it is definitely a boy thing and follows them well into their teenage years!

Jessica says:

Love it!! The looks on his face are priceless!

Valerie says:

I am one of your blog followers and had to say “HELLO”! I live in Northern Idaho… and loved this post titled “hello from Idaho”. Hope you enjoyed your visit!

Amanda says:

Ha! I totally know what your talking about. My 2 1/2 year old son asks me to go on a poop walk with him in the backyard at the end of the day so he can point out the dog’s poop for me to pick up. lol

Barbara says:

I raised two boys. They are the best! No frills . . . just unabashed enthusiasm.

Hey, I’m seriously like a mile away from you! My kids love it there, too. My parents usually get a pass and take them several times during the summer.

Melanie says:

ROFL That is too cute! The other day my almost 3 yo so wanted to bring a stick home from the park because he said it looked like poop :-( Welcome to Idaho, happy to hear you are enjoying the state (i’m in Rexburg).

Ellyse says:

Hi!
    I’m new to your blog (and blogs in general!)
    Just wanted to let you know 1) your kids are adorable! and 2) I’m so inspired by your crafting!
    Keep up the good work,
    Ellyse
    xoxo

Justine says:

Hello Ashley! Just wanted to let you know I did your 5 strand headband tute and linked back to you! Thanks so much the tutorial was awesome!
    find my post here:

Meaghan says:

There is a terrific childrens book called “the little mole who knew it was none of his business”. While not mentioning the word poo once it is about a little mole who tracks down the animal who pooped on his head. It is a very clever and whitty book about the unspeakable that amuses both boys and girls a like. I have two girls 6 and 2 who love it.

Rocio Estrada says:

I was actually laughing out loud while scrolling thru each picture and seeing the expression on your son’s face. Each expression was classic and I tell what he was saying in each picture!!!! I was laughing so hard that my 3 yr. old daughter kept asking why I was laughing!!!! That was a good laugh! thanks.

Katie says:

HAHA!! You can see the words POOP come out of his mouth in the first few pics lmao!! This is hilarious. The third picture the pig looks like he is smiling HAHA!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this!!

Coley says:

haha that is soo cute! I was just like him when I was litte…such a tomboy who wasn’t worried about anything!

Wow! the pig was so big, even i will follow that big pig. Your boy is really brave though.

Mindy says:

omg that thing is huge! I bet the poop was too! Great captures

Cal says:

That is a MASSIVE pig!! Wow!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] they have a great little petting zoo (that’s where my little guy watched the pig poo, from this post)…….that my little kiddos [...]