A little sneak peek…

Remember this little vote we had last week?

Yeah, the one where you all voted on the project you wanted to see on here next?

And what won?  Oh yeah,  the fabric boxes

And I had a lot of fun thinking of a good way to make them.

However, I’m thiiiiiiis close (imagine my pointer finger and my thumb almost touching) to finishing the tutorial.  I really wanted to get it done for today but ack!, the clock seriously raced by today.  And naptime didn’t last nearly long enough.  Oh, and we are leaving on  a little vacation to visit my husband’s family in ID so packing kind of got in the way too.  (Because you know I didn’t have the laundry done either…..so I have been doing mega loads to try and finish up the heaping dirty laundry pile.)  But after the kiddos are in bed tonight, I’ll finish it up and post it on Monday.  Deal?

And just for fun, here’s a little sneak peek.

(So yes, it really is coming.)

Enjoy your weekend.

And see you at the rest stops between Colorado and Idaho! :)

Filed under Featured, Sewing

Comments

42 Responses to “A little sneak peek…”
    KJR says:

Looking forward to the fabric boxes!
    Enjoy your trip to Idaho. And be sure to stop at Little America for an ice cream cone. (Also, they have nice restrooms).

Jenn says:

I can’t wait! I voted for the boxes – I’m a big knitter so these will be great for my yarn stash!

Angela says:

Oh, I am SO excited!! Can’t wait for Monday! (Really, I can…but know that I am thoroughly pumped!)

Cortney says:

WAHOO! I’m so excited I need some of these for my car…. gotta get my organizing on…. :)

Brianne says:

I have to admit that when I found out the winning project was fabric boxes I was bummed. {I had my hopes set on the apron. :-)} I have seen countless tutorials online for fabric boxes. But now that I see the sneak peek pictures I am pretty excited. They look great! Have a fun and safe trip!

Amy says:

I too have seen many fabric box tutorials, but I’m excited about these because they look so sturdy! I would like to see a fabric doll tutorial later on though… :-D

Leisel says:

are you coming through twin falls? if so, i would love for you to stop and help me do some craft room organizing. . . ;0)

have a fun trip!

Amy says:

You have no idea how excited I am!

Michele N says:

Oohhhh! I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it. (yes, I’m singing it) I was the first to suggest this project and am way excited it was the top pick. I kind of wish you would have had time to post the tutorial today, because I decided that I’m spending the weekend sewing. But I’m kind of excited you’re coming to Idaho, that’s where I’m at! Have a fun trip visiting family & showing off your little one to the Idaho family. :)

Bailey C says:

Safe travels! Where in Idaho will you be visiting? I’m from the Boise area. Have a great visit!

LM says:

I know where you’re coming from on the laundry…if I ever get through the pile I might be able to find my sewing machine! I’m looking forward to the fabric boxes for organizing the storage bench in the mudroom.

Candee says:

Hey! You are coming to our neck of the woods. Was your hubby born and raised in Idaho too? Those Idaho boys are pretty awesome I might add.

Awesome! The box looks fabulous in your sneak peek! Safe travels (and good luck with the laundry!). :-)

Kayla says:

Ohh, I can’t wait! Love your blog!

Lisa says:

I wish I knew you were coming! I’d love to see you guys…but then again, you prob wouldn’t really want to hang out wth my sickies! Have a safe trip!

Meg says:

Yay!! It looks so CUTE!! Thanks for all the time you put into this amazing blog! I am also looking forward to another fun project from you, like always. :)

HW says:

Looks amazing! I can’t wait!

Kas says:

You know, I always say that I need more storage so why the heck haven’t I made one of these yet!?!? Oh yea, because I don’t know how! Can’t wait to see more on the boxes soon. :0) Thanks for sharing

Amy H says:

This will definitely help with keeping crafting and toys organized. Where did you find the fabric? It is way cute.

Sandee says:

oh we know all abt the rest stops between colorado and idaho. we live in south-central co near my hubs fam and my fam lives in south-central id–a span of abt 800 miles. hopefully your children travel better than mine did on our exodus this summer!

Ardis W. says:

Yaaaay! I can’t wait! i’ve already saved a wipes box specifically for this project!

Alyssa says:

Oh I can’t wait! And now is a perfect time to come to Idaho. The weather has finally cooled off!

patty says:

I already LOVE IT. Can’t wait to see the rest!!

Jennifer says:

Looks so cute! Can’t wait to see the whole thing.

Angie says:

Looks great… can’t wait to see it. I love your little posts, Ashley… even when they’re just a few sentences long… they’re enough to make me want to move from Europe to Colorado and charm you into becoming my new best friend!! :-) Looking forward to your next post!

Excited! I will definitely be posting the tutorial to my blog, you can’t have enough bins :)

mary young says:

this is gonna be good! way to go (again)

Laura says:

oooh can’t wait! I was just looking for a tutorial for these! This gives me the boost i needed to finish my current project this weekend so i can be ready on monday :)

Kimberly says:

Good luck with your drive, it’s a long one! :) I’m wishing I was doing the reverse, Idaho to Co., in a couple of weeks for my nephews farewell. I’m in Eastern Idaho.

Rachel says:

Looks so cute already! Thanks for doing this for us. Have fun on your little vacation! :)

Pam Pike says:

Have a fun and safe trip. I’ll be watching for the tutorial.

Rachel says:

I’ve spent the past few days going through all of your archived posts – and boy do you have an impressive collection of projects! And so creative! I’ve tagged at least 20 to try my hand at at some point :) I’m following you now, so I’ll won’t miss a post in future :)

drive safe, dont drive too fast just to post the tutorial, hehe, I know how we love our creations. I am so excited to see your blog. can we share something we know how to make here on your blog?

Heather says:

Yay! I cannot wait to see them! We just love absolutely everything you do, so I know it’s going to be fabulous.

Maggie says:

Ashley, I wanted to let you know, I have been stuck on your August 5th posting since, well, since August 5th (ha). Until TODAY! Today your latest post showed up! Hooray!! Also, have a great trip, and can’t wait to see the completed boxes! Awesome!

Vanessa says:

Awesome Ashley! I would have to try this.

Thanks so much.

Vanessa

Cher says:

Always wondered why I was holding onto those plastic canvas pieces. Can’t wait until my sewing room is complete so I can get to work. Thanks for sharing.

gamma patty says:

I am in awe of you, i had stumbled upon your site and blog, oh…3 days ago and i ahve been reading and learning every since! I am from Grand Junction, here in Colorado. I am looking forward to checking in everyday…and im getting my sitte up as well, nothing really exciting like yours though! i just want to say..you are a true force of nature! Glad to have stumbled upon you!