What do YOU want to make?

I get requests to make specific things pretty often.

And I add all of these ideas to a list. (So, thank you.)

Sometimes the things I blog about are ideas from you.  Sometimes they come from things I’ve seen.  And sometimes it’s something I’ve dreamed up.  And many times, I realize that I need something and don’t want to buy it, so I get to work creating my own. And then drop everything and don’t eat, sleep or breathe until it’s done. Ha.

You’ve done that too?  Oh.  Yeah, that’s why we’re friends! :)

Anyway, I was thinking.

I want one of my next projects to be a reader request.

Maybe you have seen something on TV, or at the store, online, or on your neighbor (haha!)………that you’d really like to figure out and make.  It could be clothing, an accessory, a home decoration, a…..something.  Anything.  Even if you haven’t seen something like it here, I’m almost completely willing to try something new (unless it requires that I buy 75 gallons of paint…..or something).  So give me some of your ideas.

I was thinking that if you all would leave a comment with something that you’d really like to make…….then I’ll read through everything and then pick out a list of 8-10 things that are either really popular requests or things that I think most would enjoy.

(And then of course, something that I think I could figure out.)

And then, I will create a poll and let you all vote on your favorite thing from the shortened list……and then maybe I’ll make the top 2

Or maybe just one if it’s something crazy and time consuming.

How does that sound?

So start thinking…

Send me a link of something you have seen.

Or email me a picture if you need to ([email protected]).

Or you can just describe it really well in a comment……and I can try and figure it out.

Have you had your eye on something…….but couldn’t justify the cash?  Or maybe the cash isn’t an issue but you want to figure out how to do a certain technique.  Or maybe re-create something……but make it all your own style and color.

Maybe you need a little jump-start.

Have you had your eye on some bags or jewelry?

bag source, bag source, necklace source

Or maybe you have been browsing some clothing styles you’d like to try…

skirt source, dress source, dress source

Hmmmm…..maybe some of you are dying to create your own home decor.

curtains source, bedding source, pillow source, chair source

Or maybe something random.  Or something for the kids?

memo board source, playroom source, buckets/dolls source

Whatever it is…….it can be sewing, painting, gluing, stone carving (hmm, maybe), whatever.

I don’t know, I just thought it would be fun to hear more of your ideas.

And then make something that the majority of you would really like to make

And not just the next thing on my “oooh, I need to make that” list.

Okay, let me hear it.

By the way.  Tomorrow is September.  Is it just me, or is that crazy?!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Filed under Featured, Random

347 Responses to “What do YOU want to make?”
    Kami E. says:

There is this skirt that I own that I would love to recreate in a different fabric. It is a simple A-line skirt, with pockets, and the top-back is elastic. (Hope that makes sense- the front top hem is smooth so it looks like a skirt that would have a zipper, but the back top hem is bunched and sewed with elastic thread so it is stretchy, and it is easy to pull on but looks fancier than a a yoga skirt.) I hope this makes sense! Made with normal cotton fabric, nothing stretchy so it keeps its shape. I hope that makes sense! If it doesn’t, I would love to take a picture and send it to you! Thanks! :)

colette says:

I choose that little girls green dress with with wavy tulle on it. My daughter saw this on a skirt when we went back to school shopping. i know I could make it, if someone would just show me how!

Hayley says:

Mine is totally random!! I have been dying to make something for my baby girls nursery. Some sort of shelf or wall something to put diapers, wipes, lotion, nail clippers, brush, etc. I was thinking I’d try your jewelery thing you made – but I still don’t know.
    I was thinking like a shelf, but I live in an apartment, so nothing to damaging to the wall. Also some sort of quick and simple to grap storage for bibs and burp cloths? So I don’t have to dig in a drawer, ya know?

Anyways, those are my two ideas. I’d love it for something inspiration.. I have searched all over google for tutorials and found nothing!
    Thanks Ashley!

t says:

Ali says:

I would love to make a little girls dress. I have never sewn a dress of any kind and would love the opportunity to learn how.

a lace pencil skirt.

Michele N says:

The fabric storage cubes that can fit in the square shelving or on shelves. The ones in the stores are all so cheap looking, but not cheap at $6+ a piece. I want to make some to help my shelves look a little nicer. But can’t figure out a good way to do it.
    I love this idea of reader suggested projects Ashley! Way to go!

Valerie says:

I would love to see some kiddo PJs. Infant/baby sleepers and rompers and big kid stuff too. I’ve got lots of cute/cozy knit and I was hoping to make some pajamas for christmas presents this year!

Carly says:

Yes, love pj’s. I was hoping that you would have a tutorial on how to re-purpose adult pj’s into kids. There are a few pairs hubby has he is done with and that I have that are too small that I know I coudl make pj bottoms out of for the kids.

• 8.1.1
        Brenda says:

Feetie pajama’s for babies for summer time… I would love to make my 6 month old some feetie pj’s out of some cool fabric that won’t make his poor body sweat! I live in Salt Lake, with no airconditioner or swamp cooler and my poor son sleeps in a diaper and still wakes up sweating!!

• 8.1.2
        Alisha says:

I like all the ideas posted so far. But PJ’s would be nice. I’d even like it if you did a Christmas PJ thing. I would love to make it a family tradition, new PJ’s mom made for Christmas. :)

kendascrafts says:

I like the PJ idea for kids. PJs are expensive! If I could make my own, it would be great.

Susan says:

I like this idea too!

Janelle says:

Oohh! Footie pajamas would be awesome!

jen says:

i love that polka dot dress you posted! I am no good at sewing knits though :(

Angela says:

Topsy turvy dolls for my little girls. They have played with them at my grandma’s house and absolutely LOVE them, but they are super expense to purchase them and I don’t have the confidence to use an ordinary pattern. However; if I had all of your fabulous pictures and instructions, I KNOW I could do it!

Thanks for asking! =)

Sarah Joy says:

Funny, I was just looking around @ things – mostly for Christmas ideas. And I came across, again, something I’d wanted to make before. Then I thought to myself, I wonder if makeit-loveit can give me a tutorial, that would be awesome. And here you are, requesting ideas. :) :)

So here it is:

Esther says:

Oh, they grey flowery bag. DEFENATELY! :-)

Yes, it’s September tomorrow… but Sept is a good month, I’m getting married in it!!

Mary-Stewart says:

A diaper bag that doesn’t fall off your shoulder! Maybe a backpack style, but till cute and versatile with lots of pockets! Think Ju Ju Be, but not as expensive :)

Tabitha says:

Cozy autumn decorations to prepare for fall! Felt Leaves, table linens, small mantle and book shelf items.

Amy Eldredge says:

I love to see refasioning clothes, you know Moms skirts to little dresses…

Audrey says:

Bathroom storage! Thing like medicine bottles, first aid, cotton balls, washcloths, hair products, etc. Ours always ends up in a jumbled mess!

Jolynn says:

Yes, yes, yes to the Pottery Barn Primary Schoohouse boards! I’ve been wanting to figure out how to make them myself!

Lauren says:

I’d love to make this cute dress.. http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/juniors/dresses/casual/PRD~841576/IZ+Byer+California+Ruched+Shirtdress.jsp

I know its a shirt dress, but I can’t pull off leggings with my legs, nor do I have any desire to, so I would make it into a knee length dress.

I love how it is gathered at the top, but am confused how I would cut my fabric so there is extra on one side to ruffle, without it being to loose and big by the sleeves. Thanks!

Bonnie says:

My kids are going to be Rapunzel and Flynn Rider for Halloween and you probably won’t pick my idea, but I’d love it if you could help with the Flynn Rider one. The vest, boots and satchel. I kind of have rough ideas, but your costume are always AMAZING! And Halloween will be here before you know it, so I need to get on it :)

Carly says:

Hair flowers, dolls and doll clothes for little girls.

Silvanad says:

Muñecas, muñecas, muñecas!!!….Plisss..
    Me encanta su blog, mil gracias por compartir.
    Un abrazo

Jenn says:

Love the idea for pajamas. other thoughts are cool butterfly wings for a little girl and doll clothes for bitty baby.

Rachel says:

I have been DYING to make these shades for about two years, but I don’t want to glue them as in the original tutorial. I want to sew them and put a black-out fabric lining on the back.

Dena says:

Me too!! Ditto exactly. I want them to be sturdier than the glue. This is a great recycle type of project as well, you can always find old ugly blinds at thrift stores!

Martha Galvis says:

A halloween costume for my 3 year old boy!!!!! SUPER HERO??? sportacus?

TeresaJ says:

I have really been wanting to figure out a good way to make a cupcake hat for babies. I have seen a few and LOVED

Angela says:

Ok. I just came on your site to try to find a tutorial for a NAP MAT for kids. Couldn’t find one, but what perfect timing because you are asking! I would love to make a NAP MAT for my kids for Christmas. You know…a pillow stuffing on top with a roll out stuffed mat to lay on. Something you could roll up and take to nap time at Preschool or for a sleepover, or just lounging around watching late night movies! THANKS!

Elissa Ricks says:

I have really been looking for a good tutorial for ballet slippers (not to be professionally danced in, just real looking ones for a 4 year old to play.) I was hoping to make them look as real as possible and have satin ribbon that you crisscross and tie. Thanks!

Sara says:

An advent calendar!

Sarah says:

That ruffly pillow (shown above) is adorable!! make that! :)

Natalie says:

My husband has a motorcylce seat that needs refinished. New foam and leather, I have no clue on how to do it. i also need to refinish our old couch. My sewing room needs some good organizing too. Anyway, just a few suggestions for you :)

torri says:

please make the bedding listed in your post–it is gorgeous! I tried to follow the link but it didn’t work.
    Or make this bedding: http://pinterest.com/pin/151419641/
    Or this pillow (the ruched one): http://pinterest.com/pin/151418961/

My kitchen has limited cupboard space, and I have no place to keep my kitchen towels. I’ve been wanting to make some sort of towel stacker that I could hang somewhere that would look good instead of out of place. I just can’t quite get a picture of it in my head, but maybe you can!

Brianne says:

I really want to make some cute aprons. I like the full aprons, not the half ones. Like this: http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=983105&parentid=BAYNOTE . Or something similar that ties in the front. Thanks!

abby says:

I would love to learn how to make a windowseat with fabric cushions for my girls’ bedrooms. Maybe with some shelves or drawers underneath to store books?

Heather S says:

In one of the room displays @ Ikea they used the “above the refrigerator cabinets” and put fabric covered foam on top for a window seat. I asked where the window seat from the display could be found & the Ikea employee told me that’s how it was made. So clever.

Aubry Freckleton says:

I would totally love to make one of those kozy-pal shopping cart cover things. I’ve looked into buying one and they were over $60. Forget it. But if I could make one… :)

Hope you and you’re family are doing well, Ashley! Tell Steve hello for us.

And, I still just love your website!

Brenda says:

I would love to learn how to make that adorable blue dress for little girls. Been trying to figure out how they did that and have a couple ideas but would love to see what you come up with.

Love your website. I use it so much for ideas and tutorials. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it.

Aubrey says:

I would like that dress, too. The pleats/ruffles look too confusing, but I know you could figure it out! :)

Tara says:

That Manhattan dress is my wish

Nicole says:

a shirt dress :) something a little like this: http://www.modcloth.com/Modcloth/Womens/Dresses/-Orange-You-Clever-Dress but it doesn’t even need to be that complicated….ps- you are a genius.

I would love to make something for the holidays…any of them.I love these PB halloween totes: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/pumpkin-treat-bag-2011/?pkey=dtreat-bags

Jenaca jett says:

I have been dying to make one of those cozy pal shopping cart covers! They are too expensive to buy so I would love if you did a tutorial!

Amber H says:

I would love to see a tutorial on that lovely grey bag you have there.. it’s gorgeous!

I have two projects that I’m trying to figure out. The first is a reversible A-line dress for my 4 year old daughter, and the second is stylish, reversible quilt cover. We have a king size bed that is quite deep so we need a Super King size quilt, and I can’t find any covers that I like! Thanks so much, and I love your blog!

Courtney says:

I need to make some washable slip covers for my parson style dining chairs. I get nearly all of my sewing tips from you so I’d love for you to tackle that one!

Jeri says:

I am dying to make an apron like this one: http://www.heavenlyhostess.com/aprons_modmartini.html
    I love, love, love the top and the fitted skirt!

Tiffany K says:

I would love to learn how to do smocking (is that the right spelling? who knows!) and a blanket with a scalloped crocheted edge to it. I have one, if you need a picture. also, my mom wants to know how to turn a kitchen towel into one that hangs (I guess you cut it in half and hang it by the crocheted part). make sense? haha

1.) I have had my eye on this Amy Butler bag for a long time:

(I can’t find a link on Amy Butler’s site itself, so that is a link to a blog where someone made one.)

However, I just have this…. “thing”…. about buying patterns!! I hate to do it! I probably COULD figure the bag out if I really really really tried, but if YOU wanted to do it, and show us all how… That would be AWESOME!! ;)

2.) The other idea, which several others have mentioned, would be a fabric dolly for little girls. My husband has been all into manly projects :) lately with our boys; I would love to make something for (or eventually with–she’s only two now) my daughter, like a sweet little dolly, maybe with clothing changes and everything! I bought a “make a doll” kit and now that I opened the box, I’m sorry to say that it’s hideous and I’m sure she will have it pulled apart in no time. So that would be really great also—a dolly tutorial! :) (Not sure if you read/speak Spanish, but that is what the Spanish comment up there says—“Dolls dolls dolls! I love your blog, a thousand thanks for sharing. A hug.” :)

Jorden says:

I got this pattern with a book of Amy butler patterns and this one seems easier than it seems if you are into sewing at all. I made a few of the items from her book and added a few things of my own. The book is called Amy Butler’s Style Stitches. It costs $30-$40 at my local fabric store (if you want to add the patterns to your collection). It is absolutely worth the money. Here are a few of the things I have made from it so far, unfortunately I haven’t made the cosmo bag yet.:

I only have a facebook right now since I have no time to blog, but I made my crafts album viewable to the public

The purse was a pattern straight out of the book. I have made four or five of them now for friends.

On the wallet, I added the credit card holders and added a few pockets to the pattern in her book which was not too difficult.

Aleta says:

You should try Martha Stewarts doll pattern. Super cute and seems really easy http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/sewing-projects-for-kids#slide_10

Katie says:

I would love to learn how to recover an arm chair and ottoman. Infact, I have one I want to recover, so I NEED to learn how to recover it haha!

Sue says:

I have to agree here too. I’ve been asked to recover a friend’s arm chair (I’ve never recovered anything before) and I have no idea how to start. I would love your take on reupholstering or slipcovering for an arm chair!

Kim says:

This may be too simple, but when I was searching for tutes to make a long sleeved peasant style dress/tunic, everything I found kind of glossed over the making/shaping of the long sleeve. My daughter wants a few for school with an A-line shape and we had trouble getting the shape right with sleeves that would “lay down” against the side of the dress (as a person generally stands). I’d love a clear cut tute on that! :)

Melinda says:

i honeslty would love more boy items. i always feel like he gets left out and my son is 5 and the older boys get it seems hard to find projects to do for him.

Stacy says:

I have two:

The woombie donut:

and the Nap Nanny:
    http://www.napnanny.com/ (I think this would be crazy hard to make… you’d have to carve foam and such, but it looks great for helping the newborn sleep (especially if reflux is involved), but I could never justify the $130).

kendascrafts says:

How about some kind of wall art that incorporates family photos? We just moved and have a huge blank wall in our living room. I’m short on ideas of how to fill it.

Rebecca says:

An everyday bag! Pocketbooks got BIG in the last year, but the price tags are out of my range. I’ve seen them advertised as satchels, hobos, and even shoppers, but they’re usually a large poscketbook/tote sized bag with double handles that have a big enough drop to slide over your shoulder. I like the ones with little details like braided handles, tucks, or even a dangle of charms from the handle. Thanks!

Rachel says:

I’ve love this little girl dress, but I am not sure how to make the bow. I would love a tutorial for it.

Krystal says:

I would love to make a little monkey stuffed animal similar to the turtle and owl you made. All I can really find are the sock monkeys and I am not a big fan of those for my daughter.

Annie says:

I would love to make a floor mat that I can roll up and put away. That’s probably the easy part, I really want to create a little city with roads and buildings on it (2D) that my boys can drive their cars around on. When I was little my brothers had something similar to this and I think it is genius. When my oldest son started getting interested in his cars, I nearly e-mailed you with this request, but I was afraid to because I figured you’re a busy gal. Really I think if I just looked around I could figure this out myself, but, I think it would be fun to see what creative You comes up with.
    Also, the last picture you posted of those dolls! Darling. I love them and would love a tute on how to make those sweeties.

Tals says:

I’ve been planning for a very long time to make window shades from this gorgeous fabric I got from Etsy but I’m too scared to start! It would be awsome if you could show how it’s done.
    Thanks so much!

adrienne says:

I love the re-purposing ideas that you post. I would always like to see more of that.
    Also, I would love to make some soft dolls with pretty dresses. I had a homemade doll when I was little and it was so beautiful and so much nicer to hold that the hard plastic ones you can buy.

monica says:

I would love to learn to make a REALLY simple women’s shirt with some kind of sleeve. I know how to make baby doll style sleeveless, but i would like to make some fall kind of shirt that I could change the fabrics or decoration to match my wardrobe.

Lindsay says:

I think it would be cool to make a purse out of leather. I’m still learning to sew, but I’ve made a few ‘advanced’ purses :) Can this be done with a standard machine with a beefy needle of some sort?
    Also, I’d love to see a tute on how to make a cute doll for my soon to be born daughter.
    Whatever you choose, I’m sure it will be great! Maybe we can do a sew along?

vicki says:

I would really love to make a fabric storage bin. A sturdy one with handles. To put diapers, toys ect.
    here is an example

Heather says:

This! http://s6.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/1D67F26D.jpg
    I have been wanting to make one of these for forever, but can’t seem to find a pattern that is close enough to this one to make it out of. But I absolutely have to have one some day!

Amy says:

I cannot find a good tutorial anywhere on how to make and attach sleeves. I’m a modest girl and am pregnant with our first daughter. I would love to know how to make some simple sleeves to attach to sleeveless tops and dresses for me and her. And along with that how to sew an insert into a v-neck shirt/dress. Thanks :)

Jamie says:

that poka dot dress!! it’s so pretty and looks so comfy it would be nice to make something for myself for once lol I always spoil my daughter with making new things for her but now I’m running out of nice clothes that fit and I think it would be nice to have someting for myself for once.

Erin says:

I love that pillow from pottery barn!

Andrea says:

okay i so want to know how to make that big fluffy comforter!!i think you should show us all how so i can do it for my own lol :)

Becca says:

I’ve been wanting to make Toddler bed sheets. A fitted, flat and pillowcase to match. I can’t find them anywhere! (Not a Twin bed, a toddler sized bed is what I’m looking for…)

Janice Bear says:

In a few short hours a young man is going to deliver two wing back chairs to my house. You know, these jobbies:

I paid a grand total of $50. Your envy is totally legitimate. One is PERFECT as is. The other is in great condition but sports a fabric that, well, I hate. Do you hear “slipcover” echoing in the wind?

Oh. Ashley I know you could do it and give me steps that’ll make the whole thing cake. So please, take my plea into your capable hands!

Heather S says:

I was hoping you’d ask the readers for requests!!! Yea!

I’ve been wanting a “cold seat” car seat cover for my son’s car seat. Living in Florida, I waste so much gas cooling my suv down so my son’s car seat isn’t the same temperature as the surface of the sun. But @ $60 plus shipping I just think that’s way too much. I’ve even gone to the fabric store & spoke with a very helpful employee who suggested a bunch of materials: insulated fabric (like the fabric that covers ironing boards) or she said they did carry moisture wicking flannel to make cloth diapers out of but they were out of stock, some sort of stich sealing product to put over the stitches of the ice pack pockets so any condensation didn’t leak out, vinyl to line the pockets on the back to hold the ice packs.

Rebecca says:

I want to make a tufted fabric head board, but I have no idea where to start and what to make it look like, meaning what fabric etc…

Heidi says:

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to learn how to reupholster chairs and small furniture. You have a way of explaining things that make it so easy to follow and I think you might be my key to learning how to do it. By the way you are awesome and I am a little obsessed with your work. :)

lucckie says:

What about a baby cozy cocoon. I am currently pregnant with my second child and would love to learn how to make the ones that aren’t crocheted. ( I can’t crochet). I was going to purchase one from a friend, but she charges 30-50 dollars for just a cocoon. So I started researching and I found a website with some adorable ones made and some cute little hats to match. Here’s the website.

Victoria says:

How about those “loveys” or security blankets that have little stuffed animals attached to the top of them. I found some knitting and crochet patterns, but I feel like you lose some of the cuddle factor I really would like to make one out of minky and plush, They are so cute ! Or a ruffly vintage apron would be cool too.

Jenny says:

fun idea! reader’s choice!

I would love to know how to make a simple wrap dress.

Taylor says:

I want to figure out how to make this skirt:

It’s a shirred top with a big bow and pick ups in it. I’ve been wanting to sit down and figure it out but i’m at the end of my pregnancy and have no will anymore! ;)

Katie says:

Ok, so this may be a BIT complicated, but I have been totally drooling over camera bags for DSLR cameras that look fun and girly, but are sturdy and padded enough that I can keep my camera and lenses safe. I want something that looks more like a stylish purse than a big, dorky camera bag. I’d love you to do a tutorial so I can make on rather than spending a fortune!

Maybe something like the Ketti Handbags… http://kettihandbags.com/collections/all

Janelle says:

I’ve been wanting to know how to make a DSLR camera bag too. I haven’t seen any REALLY GOOD tutorials, I know you could it Ashley! =)

Sarah says:

I would LOVE for you to do more clothes for the lovely Mamas!!! There is always so much for kids and the home, but its hard to find really good tutorials for us!! Love you to pieces!!

Andrea K says:

I would love to see some Thirty-one knock-offs – especially the utility tote. I love all of their organization products but I also love a DIY price tag!

Brenda says:

I would love it if you coudl do a tutorial on a quiet book for kids. You know the fabric books that have zipper pages, button pages, etc. I think that would be fun to do..

Ashlee says:

A dress!!!!

shea says:

PBK’s Anywhere Chair. I love those things, but they’re expensive!

Brenda says:

I have another idea.. A giant teddy bear. I saw a picture of one online the other day and I think my step son would love to have a big giant teddy bear to curl up in while he reads.

Rebecca says:

I’m going to put this out there and try to not be embarrassed about it. I would like something to help my thighs not stick together while I’m wearing a skirt! I am not comfortable with my legs so I usually wear jeans–which have been crazy hot in this Atlanta weather–but recently I tried a flowy skirt which I love, but I was not blessed with thighs that don’t touch. My legs rub together and it hurts! I went into a store looking all over for the slip section and after much searching found an itty bitty selection of slips. I was ecstatic that there were some slips like shorts in that tiny selection, but when I tried them on there was excessive fabric between the waist band and where the legs separated…which was really awkward fitting and completely useless for my purpose. So I would love a tutorial on a slip that saves legs.

Amber says:

I love any of the boots from this site! But I can’t pay that much….

Would love a tutorial.

Erin says:

How about a nursing shirt that doesn’t look like a nursing shirt? :) I’ve yet to find any that I really like (or I’d post a link). Now that fall is coming, I don’t want to resort to a cardigan/cami combo every day. I love the clothes that you make for you, so I’m sure you could come up with something smart and stylish!

Melanie Brown says:

I just moved to a new house and am going to be here a while. Therefore, I want to make it my own. I want some curtains in my kitchen, dining room, bedroom……so I guess I am saying CURTAINS. I need some ideas!

Rachel says:

I keep seeing all these cool old chairs that would be great if they just had new upholstery. I know how to fix the upholstery if it’s really basic and just means popping the seat off, wrapping some fabric around it and using a staple gun. But what about a chair like the one you posted a picture of? Or one that’s more like a recliner, where there is no wood exposed, complete with covered buttons and everything. Have you ever done anything like that? I’d love to see a project like that.

Sharon says:

I am looking into making a light blazer like jacket out of a paisely print black and white shirt that I have. Love the shirt. Pulls over the head, three quarter sleeves. It is just a tad too short though and it bugs me! I wanted to cut it open up the front and add a black trim all the was around, including the bottom but was not sure of what fabric to use. The shirt is a cotton with a slight spandex feel to it. Can you picture that? haha. Would love to see you do one or give some pointers. You are a marvel!

Kimberly says:

An apron knot dress/top! Please, oh please! I’ve seen 2 styles, one like this with an open back and the straps criss-cross & one with a solid piece as the back. This is a dress or top that can be worn all year round. I LOVE these!

How about a sleeping bag for kids–like a sleepover party? One of those ‘sure fit’ animal kid covers for a loveseat or couch? Not a full slipcover but something that would be awesome for say, the potty training months???

matching dolly and me outfits?

Heather says:

Oh please make them all !!!! I just absoulutly love love love your stuff!!!

Michele says:

With baby number #3 due in a few weeks, I would love to make a baby carrier/sling. I never had one with my other two but now I’m out of hands and will need some help!

Aunt Jeri says:

Here is something that has been kicking around my head for a while and I just haven’t had the time to get to it. You probably don’t remember the lamps that I have in my living room but they are brass with a plain jane lamp shade. Basic creamy color with no embelishments whatsoever. So how to spruce up those ugly lamps, specifically the lamp shades. I thought about just going to buy some new ones but once again, no time and moola to do it with. Besides these lamp shades are still in really good shape but they need something….. Any thoughts you crafty girl you???

Ooooh, I will have to think on that one! But don’t throw them away just yet……you can always do something. And if you hate the brass…..spray paint them and then do something fun with the shade. It’s good to hear from you Jeri!!! (And we’ll be seeing you in a few weeks! :)

Aleta says:

This idea isn’t just for the “contest” …but I was thinking since most of the country has already gone back to school or are about to it would be really great to have an environmentally friendly way to pack lunches. I found some sites with snack bag tutorials but I was thinking how great would it be to make pretty fabric sandwich bags and use the clear vinyl as the lining. It’d be a similar thought to the vinyl table cloth cover…. waterproof, easy to clean, so very reusable!!! And maybe a flap of some kind to fold over to keep the bread fresh?? Not sure about that part since this is just the idea phase lol. I’m going to try and make some this weekend and I’m sure many many moms would be thrilled to save some money on baggies and help the planet at the same time :-) One more thought…call me crazy… but I am using a clear shower curtain liner in place of vinyl for a few projects. It seems easy to work with, it’s lightweight, washable and I happened to have it on hand when i was too excited to try a project to leave the house and go to joann’s!!

Janell says:

I just had a little girl, and I would love a tutorial on how to make a fabric doll with a sewn on face. Kinda like the dolls at http://www.babybeblesseddolls.com. I just love the look of them and their little dresses.

Delight says:

Funny you posted that baby dress from gap. I bought that in off white for my daughter and it is SOO pretty! …I’ve been trying to figure out how to make a skirt like that for myself. Yes, a grown up can wear a girly skirt such as this ;)
    If you post a tutorial for that, I would love you forever! – (I’m sure I will anyway)

A grocery cart cover for the kids to sit in! I’ve been needing to get one but they are just so expensive!!!!

Kathy says:

That adorable pleated tulle dress in a 3T would rock!