Is Your Summertime a Busy Time?

Is summer keeping you on your toes? Are you loving your summer schedule or are you feeling frantic?  Are the days slipping away faster than you can keep up with?  Or is it perfect?  I, for one, feel like summer is speeding by.  Eeek.

Today is the last day of swimming lessons.

So excuse us while we watch the kiddos enjoy a little fun in the water.

I thought they would be timid in the water.  And bashful with their instructors.

But they jumped right in. (And maybe sorta LOVE their teenager instructor, Mr. Ryan.)

It’s given us a great excuse to be at the pool.  Every. Day.

So, we’ll be enjoying the pool today.

And will be visiting more and more.  Now, stick around Mr. Sunshine……we need a couple more months of you.

How about you?  Is summer treating you well?

Comments

21 Responses to “Is Your Summertime a Busy Time?”
    Nicole says:

Summer has been pretty hectic around these parts lol. We definitely have been making time for a lots of pool and water fun :) Great pics!

Ihilani says:

I live in stinkin’ Hawaii and haven’t hit the beach NEARLY as often as I should. I need to get my butt out the door. I think that’ll go at the top of my to do list today.

Krystal says:

I am very jealous of the beautiful summer weather everyone is having! In Seattle we still haven’t seen summer yet…it is still acting like Spring/late winter here…Oh I hope we get at least a month of warmth. I just moved here from Utah and am dying with all the rain and cold! Your little ones are SUPER cute and your post inspired me to look into swimming lessons for my kiddos. Thanks!

Robin says:

i miss the sun too! I moved out here in Seattle a couple of years ago. They say as of now we have had only 78 minutes of summer (temp over 80 degrees) so far.

holly says:

I would swim with Mr. Ryan…what a cutie!!!! It’s been so cold here this summer, that I’m glad my kids are old!!! they would not have wanted to get in the pool this year!!!
    Love seeing the photos of your happy kids!!!
    Have a great summer :)

Jennifer says:

Summer is just swimming by….. LOL getting swimming by…. (I crack myself up)

Anywho, I can’t believe we are almost done with July. I don’t want to go back to work in the fall :(. I feel like it’s flying by mostly b/c baby #4 is on his way come October. At least I’ll get 12 more weeks off… but it will be cold weather then :(.

Krista says:

Looks like they love their swimming class! We live in Western Washington where summer has not shown her face very much. We have only had a few days over 70F. Summer is going way too fast though, and I can’t believe that in just a few more weeks school will be starting again!

Nicole H. says:

What kind of lens were you shooting with? My swimming pics never come out so great! Thanks!

Man, I miss summer!

Being in the southern hemishere we are in the middle of winter, but I love seeing what you are doing in summer :)

Meagan says:

FUN! But toooooooo hooooooooot. (western florida over here).

I wish we had a pool we could go to everyday!

Oh my word, I remember the heat in GA last summer. I’m so sorry it’s so hot down there right now!! Hang in there…….those winters are amazing!!! ;)

Meagan says:

I actually have a question, what are peoples reaction when they find out you are THE Make it and Love it blogger in person?? Just curious…If I ever met you, pretty sure I would get super shy and blush because I just love ya so much!

Hahahaha!! This cracked me up. And to answer your question……ummm, I think they realize I’m totally normal. At least I hope they do. ;) Once I moved here to CO, I met a girl at church that read my blog and was just too cute when she told me so. Now, we go running every morning and I love her to bits. So, I promise, I really am just a regular ‘ol girl. haha! Anyway, this just made me laugh! Do you live in CO?? We can meet up and I’ll show you……no reason to be shy. :)

Anja says:

I do miss the Colorado summers! They were not as brutal as they are here in Oklahoma! (Though use just as much if not more sunscreen than you did in GA, if you are near Denver or the mountains you are a mile closer to the sun and at that alititude you burn A LOT faster. Something I learned the hard way!)

I think we are on day 1 Billion of over 100.

I keep trying to find excuses to go see our friends in Colorado or Alaska! lol

Enjoy it!
    (I wish you had moved there before i moved back here! lol)

We’re loving going to the pool everyday for swim lessons! And what’s even better is that Numbers 1-3 can now go to the pool WITHOUT me (so Numbers 4 & 5 can nap). I love swim lessons.
    And I don’t think you have anything to worry about – sunshine-wise. You’re in Colorado, where there are more sunny days per year than Hawaii. Or so I’m told.
    Happy Summer Days!!!

Cassie says:

Summer is surely slipping by…FAST! You’ve inspired me to get to my summer wishlist. I need to do swim lessons, too! xx

Carissa says:

I feel it slipping away too–yikes! We’ve been doing more camping and fun things this summer than I have most of my life, but it still feels like it’s gone by quickly.

Rainbowcreek says:

Summer is MY season, it is what I live for and it is pretty short here in Colorado so we try to pack in as much summering as we can. All this rain we have had isn’t typical and it hasn’t helped, but we have been pretty lucky to get our swim days and parties in between the big storms. I hate it that the kids start school so early here! We have tons of things still on our to do list and Destructo boy was gone to Yellowstone with his best friend for a week, now he and Miss Banana are on the east coast visiting family for 10 days, football camp starts next week and then they are back in school. Ughh! Back to structure and homework and regularly scheduled baths. I am not ready for it at all. I would love it if they went back to a traditional school year from Labor day to Memorial day.

We bought a state park pass for the year and will try to squeeze in as many more days as we can at Cherry Creek, and will use the pass to do a few weekend trips to some other parks in the fall, which is usually pretty beautiful still. Maybe a trip to Palisade for peach harvest at the end of August. Yes, Colorado has awesome peaches! And sweet corn too! Our harvest is later than the south but I can’t wait for the local stuff so I can get started on my peach and cherry jams and get my corn off the cob in the freezer so we can enjoy it all winter! Let me know if you are going to be hanging out at Cherry Creek anytime soon, We’ll have 2 red sport-brella’s 3-4 coolers and 5 or 7 kids with toys spread all over the place :)

Angie says:

LOVE the pictures, Ashley! You’ve got drop-dead gorgeous kids!!