The ‘MISTER’ Make It and Love It Series: Decorate Cookies

Did you check out the first Mister Make It and Love It post, found here?
Well, today is part 2.
And yes, I think that the Mister (or Steve), secretly loved doing this little creative series with the munchkins.    Have I mentioned before that my husband has better handwriting than I do?  And can sketch a crazy good cartoon figure?
Me? My stick figures are a little pathetic.  And unproportional.  But I like to keep it that way…….because the kiddos always ask him to draw the same figures and coloring pictures over and over.
He can have that job.  Ha!
But today’s project with the kiddos is nothing new.  And you’ve probably done it a billion times with your kids or other kids.  So maybe consider having the dad/uncle/big brother/grandpa of your children do this with them.  Or use this as a reminder to do it yourself this week.
Just make it fun.  And colorful.
And roll out/cut out/decorate a whole pile of cookies.
And allow those little fingers to use the cookie cutters.
A little help is sometimes needed though.  And that made the Mister feel useful.
Then let the little ones help peel away the extra dough…
……..even if those little hands aren’t as careful with the cookie shape.  Who cares…
Once there are enough salvageable cookie shapes, they can be placed right into the oven.
If there is a little dough snatching involved…….just go with it.
Now, create a rainbow of frosting colors for the little ones to use.  Their little eyes will tell you that it was worth the extra time to make it.
Then help them slather that sweet goodness over all of the cookies.
And then, add as many sprinkles or toppings as those little kiddos want.  The more clumpy and visually unattractive…..the better.
And kudos to the frosting maker if there is a little taste testing involved.  It means the prep work was fantastic!
Mmmmm…….delicious.
Ahhhhh.  Wash it down.
I think he’s about ready for round 2.
Thanks Mister Make It and Love It for sharing your cookie decorating experience with us.  The kids loved it.
And so will yours.
So give the men a little freedom in the kitchen with the little ones.
Or tackle it yourself sometime in the next week.
What little munchkin doesn’t enjoy decorating delicious cookies.  Yum.

. . . . . . . . . . .
This post is sponsored by:

Filed under Children, Family, Kid Craft, Mini Series, Mister Make It and Love It

Comments

21 Responses to “The ‘MISTER’ Make It and Love It Series: Decorate Cookies”
    jennibell says:

Love it!!! My son's Cub Scout den mtg was last night and the boys & dads were supposed to bring dessert — so fun to try those creations and see what the MEN came up with! Wanted to let you know that I just discovered your site (from my best bites, I think) and am HOOKED! I love everything I've read here in the past hour and have a list started of projects to tackle. I also see that you just had a new baby too. . .congrats on that!

Cammie & Em says:

K…I want to know your secret to the perfect lighting in all your pictures?!! LOVE them! Seriously…what's your secret?!!

lajamison says:

The apron is a good touch. I don't think my husband would wear one.

Where did you get your spreaders? They are fabulous.

Angie says:

If I'm not mistaken, those are the kid knives you can get from Ikea. This looks like so much fun, and my Mr. can handle messes better than I can. I should invite him to decorate with the kiddos while I take a nap some time!

Lil Mama Stuart says:

I like the mister's apron ;)

Heather says:

Where did you find such great spreaders?! I love the knob on the end so it doesn't slip out of their tiny puddin' hands!

sharon says:

Is the icing recipe somewhere on the blog?

Allison and Mason: says:

What do you use for your icing recipe? That is always my down fall with sugar cookies.

Karen C says:

This is such a sweet and fun post! Kuddos to your hubbie for getting in on the fun. It looks like he's having as much fun (if not more) than the kids. What a wonderful way to make the older kids feel special with a new little one around.

Carmeta says:

oh¡¡ so cutes¡ I like to have my children in the kitchen too, but my husband …runs, runs, runs…

kate says:

Would LOVE to see some of your Mister's sketches! My husband had better handwriting than me, and can sketch, but he knows it's my dream to be able to draw and paint well, so he WON'T pursue his own drawing/painting, etc. Not his dream and he's GOOD! Go figure!

Heidi says:

LOVE that he did this for you! I did some "ahead" of time blog pictures, but never typed them out (my boy was born 3wks ago). I didn't anticipate he would be in the NICU, so I was not in the mood for computers!

Loving Mister series!!!

Jennifer says:

It's lovely to see Dad's making a mess in the kitchen with the kid's. He's doing a great job.

Love the apron!!!!

Lynne says:

I'm always trying to find a good sugar cookie recipe – yours looks yummy! Also the frosting! Do you mind sharing? :)

tracyp says:

I love how every cookie is one color…we get rainbow cookies..or rather all the colors mixed together so they end up looking brownish. Hope you're enjoying your baby!!

Michele N says:

I don't know if it's the one Ashley uses but the sugar cookie recipe on Our Best Bites that did the Kids in the Kitchen series on here recently is really good. Their glace icing was really good too. I don't think that's what Ashley or 'Mister' used and it's more for fancy cookies, but yummy.

Melissa Hislop says:

Great, now I really want some sugar cookies and it's 11pm.

Bytheway, I love your little girl's blue, embellished T. Is it something you made that I missed the Tutorial?

Hope all is going well with the new little one. I think we are all going to need more pics if you don't mind sharing. I'm sure a lot of us love living vicariously through your fabulousness.

Becky says:

I bought a cute bunny cookie cutter the other day. Maybe I should get it out and use it!

Crazypatch says:

As tu vu ton tutoriel ici:
    J'aime beaucoup ce que tu fais et pas de le trouver copier comme là.