Important Dates…

Sometimes important days come and go.  Like my due date(Which was yesterday.) This baby will officially be a March baby……not a February one like we had hoped.  Little stinker.  We’re still hanging on for her to come but wow it’s hard to wait out these last few days (or another week?  Eek!).  I really am learning some patience.  Now grace, that’s what I may need to work on.
I do have to say, I am a bit nervous that this baby girl will come out a linebacker.
And what sort of girl wants to come out a linebacker?
My 4 year old girl weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces at birth.  And my almost 3 year old boy weighed 9 pounds 10 ounces (both induced right about their due dates)……..and this one?  I don’t know.  But I feel bigger than I did with the other two.  I’m pretty tall (5’11”) and offer great resort style comfort in my long abdomen for my babies.  No wonder they like to stay in and develop as long as possible.  It’s like they’re floating down the lazy river for 9 months at a high class pool resort.  Lucky them.

I know 8’6″ isn’t huge……but it’s still a pretty big baby.  Just check out the thighs on that little lady.  She came out with those yummy little rolls.  Oooh, I still remember that sweet day.

And then this guy……they didn’t even put him in newborn diapers.  And all the nurses came in to see the 10 pound baby.  Excuse me………9’10”.  Ha!  Just looking at this picture makes me want to scoop him up and smother him with kisses all over again.  Oh, that little squishy belly.  Ahhhhh……..

Can I tell you something that may knock your socks off?  I weighed 12 pounds, 2 ounces when I was born……and came out 3 weeks early.  My poor momma.  I was her biggest and her last baby.  Her doctor took me out early, via C-section, because she looked miserable.  I wish my doctor thought I looked miserable and would induce me already.  But that’s another story, bless his little heart.  Ugh.
(If you want to hear more of how my mother earned her angel wings carrying around 7 hefty babies………the short version is that 5 out of her 7 children weighed 10 pounds or more.  And the others weren’t lightweights either.  And to put your curious mind at ease, most of us were delivered C-section.)

But just check out this chunk-a-lunk of a baby.  Yep, that’s me.  Ha!  (It’s okay to laugh… and my siblings always did growing up.)  In my defense, my mom said I lost a pound of water within the first day.  My poor little swollen face.  I barely have eyes, they are so smashed from those chubby cheeks.

(I let my little boy see this picture and he said, “You was cranky mommy!”
Ha……I guess it looks that way!)

Don’t worry, my face stretched out a bit by the time I was 6 months.  (Or is this 8 months?  My mom will be here soon, I’ll have to ask her.)  But I still had those little rolls………probably until I started walking.
Did your moms put little single curls on the top of your head, like mine did?

And excuse the ripped/tattered pictures.
I mutilated a lot of my baby pictures when I was a little girl, without my mom knowing.  Oops.

Anyway, I’m okay with waiting (well, depending on which moment you ask me)…….as long as she finishes developing just like she needs to.  Little chunky monkey.
So, all in fun…… husband and I have a friendly little bet.
We have made guesses as to how big this baby will be.
(Image source of baby and dog picture: Google Images.  Nope, not my actual baby.)
My guess is 10 pounds, 2 ounces and my husband’s is 10 pounds, 4 ounces.
Whoever wins between the 2 of us (or guesses the closest) will be able to make a purchase of some sort.  Who knows what…
But maybe the winner should be off dinner/dish/diaper duty for a month.
Unless I lose…..then that bet is off.  Ha.
We shall see really soon.
But whatever size she comes out, and whenever she decides to make her grand appearance……..she will be spoiled with snuggles by her momma (and her daddy will most likely be fighting me off for equal turns).  I love these roley-poley little babies that I get to love and squeeze on.  And have I mentioned that I melt at the scent of a brand new baby?
Awwww, I can’t wait.
Okay, enough with all of the baby talk.  I just can’t think of much else these days.  Wish us luck.  Or even better, throw a few prayers our way…….especially the kinds of prayers that assist in a sooner-rather-than-later delivery.

You know, so that I don’t actually deliver a linebacker. ;)

(Back to normal posting tomorrow.  Unless of course…..well, I don’t want to jinx myself.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Filed under Family

169 Responses to “Important Dates…”
    Laura and family says:

Oh, my gosh! In seriously dying for you. Mine were 6'2 and 5'11 and they FELT huge so I can only imagine. Wow. Super woman ;)

Maggie says:

Sending you thoughts and prayers for an easy and healthy delivery, both for Mamma and Baby! Can't wait to see pictures of your newest arrival. You have such gorgeous children. I feel like I know you just from reading your blog, and I adore you.

Marian says:

I was JUST thinking about you and whether your sweet baby had made her appearance yet!
    Yup, I'm preggo too, so that's all I think about (29 weeks).
    When was your due date? I want to guess on the weight too!!
    All the best!

Checking in with you daily… I wis you the best of luck, I am due on 3/20, so I feel your anxiety. It's a beautiful thing, but I sure am ready to meet the new one!!

The Clegg Family says:

Totally know how you feel; Good Luck & enjoy that precious new one!

Amanda says:

Oh boy! I feel the pain. My oldest wasn't so big, coming in a 7 lbs 3.2 ounces. But, I had the same feeling. I knew my second one was bigger. My doctor was guessing 8ish. The wonderful numbers came in and she was 9 lbs 14.6 ounces!!! I was shocked. I am nowhere near your height, hanging here at 5 feet 4 inches. Good luck with the little one and bless you for having those big babies!!!

Cherie@DragonfliezCreationz says:

Oh sweetie, I feel for you. My first was 10 days late and weighed 8 lbs even, my second (2 years later) was 6 days late and 8'9.
    My third(10 years later) was taken 1 week earlier and only weigh 6'15, I developed PUPPP ( ) and I was miserable!

Taylor {Sew Much Love} says:

Girl I feel for you! My husband took me to a movie on my due date because I was so bummed out! After a few days they finally set an induction date and then I went into labor the day before so just get them to set an induction date!

I'm sending prayers your way!

Andrea says:

I have to admit that I laughed a little when I saw your baby picture, and your son is right, you do look a little unhappy.:) Your poor mother…I wonder how much you would have weighed if the doctor made her weight the three weeks or even just one more! I am curiou what hospital you were born in because my daughter got a similar shirt when she was born. She was born in southern AZ, and I remember you once mentioning that you grew-up in southern AZ. Good luck with the delivery! I always get so excited about births.

Jenna says:

Oh man!
    Hope she comes soon. :)
    Hope the birthing goes well. :)

Wow! Best of luck. I follow your blog for the crafts, so I didn't realize you were past your due date. I feel for you though. I'm 5'4" and 110 lbs pre-pregnancy. My 1st was 10 lbs. The doctor apologized a lot for letting me go to my due date. My 2nd was monitored very closely, and they took her 2 weeks early due to size. But, turned out she just had a big head cause she only weighed in at 6 lbs 3oz. But, I think about waiting the two extra weeks and she could have been over 10 lbs again. Crazy that we can do that, huh?!? But, at least our babies are healthy :) Best of luck these last few days, and I hope that baby isn't too big!!

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy says:

wow!!! 9 10, that was me, but I was 3 weeks late! Hope this one just FEELS bigger but is actually smaller…

Andrea says:

Wrong "weight." I meant "wait" and "curious" not "curiou."

Brittany Lynn says:

One of my good friends said that they wanted to have six kids. But when #s 1, 2, and 3 came out at 9'10, 10'7, and 11'5, she said she needed to stop. My son was 6'12, and I thought THAT was difficult. I must be a pansy.

Jewels says:

There's nothing small about your baby girl. People around me have 7 lb. babies and think they're big. My son was 9 lbs, so I'm totally a big baby lover. I'm due in 4 weeks with #3 so I commiserate. I wish you the best of luck in delivering soon and in the non-linebacker category.

Praying for a speedy delivery…Mine were big babies as well and I'm a big mama, but it makes no difference. I never got to enjoy the little newborn diapers or newborn biggest was 11 lbs 2 oz…
    That was big enough for me :)

Kelly and Lechelle says:

If your little girl comes out at 10lbs 2 oz, you win something for guessing the closest. If she comes out ANY bigger, you should win something for having to put your vagina through so much. Seriously, you deserve a prize no matter what.

The Pittmans says:

8.8 lbs , 10.12 lbs , 8.5 lbs , and 10,11 lbs!

I wish you the best of luck with what I'm sure is going to be an adorable little chunker! They feel sturdier anyways right? haha

I was wondering why you hadn't put pictures of your daughter up, but now I know it's because you haven't had her! I bet you are so anxious! I was due feb 8th but had my daughter Jan 25th. I thought my daughter was huge at 7 11. I guess you have me beat with your giant babies. I'll be praying that you have an easy delivery and you and your little mess are healthy. Good luck and congrats!

Ps- could be just by chance, but my friend went in to labr walking on the side of the curb, one foot on it, one foot off. Also, velveta Mac with hot sauce, bouncing on a yoga ball, squats, swinging on the swing…

Dorienne says:

Good luck. My babies were big too. My miwife was guessing that our forth would be around 7 pounds just by looking at the way I was carrying. He ended up being 9lbs. Wishing you the best.

The Brownings says:

Wowee! I love little chunks though! My little bug was 8lbs 13oz and I thought that was big enough ;)
    I bet your sweet little angel will be absolutely adorable, just like your 2 big kids! Who doesn't love rolls on fat little baby legs! They are just so fun to squish!
    Congrats and good luck with your delivery!!!!

Andie says:

Yes, my Mama put the single curl on my head. I was born in '83 and always thought the curl was a little dated even for then. What a cute baby you were! Prayers and well wishes your way :)

Shantel says:

Your a tough woman, mine were 5 lbs 8oz, and 3 lbs 9oz and both seemed plenty big to me :) All the best these next few days!

DC1Weber says:

I'm due on the 3rd and the doc doesn't think he'll be as big as his sister (9'5). We were also hoping for a February baby (my husband and I both have Feb. birthdays) but we will be happy when he finally comes!
    I'll keep checking to see how you are doing! :0)

Emilee says:

Good luck waiting. My daughter was 6 days late and was 9 lbs. 2 oz. (no c-section, just a 30 hr. labor!). And here's the kicker–I'm just shy of 5 feet tall. Don't know how she fit in there…

Keri says:

I hope she comes soon! My little 2 year old was an 8'5' baby 3 weeks early. I can't imagine what it would have been like those last three weeks. Good luck and I can't wait to see pics. (Reading your post gave me a baby hunger I haven't had for a VERY long time.)

LivingstonClan says:

Ok, so not to discount your moms amazing feats, because she still gave birth to huge babies, and lots of them, but I think they used to be pretty bad at figuring out due dates! My mom had some similar experiences, including being induced 7 weeks early when they thought she was over due!! Anywhoo, glad to be having babies NOW. :) my first was 9 lbs 2 oz @ two weeks early, and my 4th was was 9 lbs 10 oz one week early!! Thank goodness for epidurals, (I tried to go no epidural on the last one, but she was posterior, and NOT coming!) I love chunky babies!!!

Emily says:

Those last few days are definitely the worst! I'm 5'2", 115 lbs(pre-preggo weight) and my 2 were 8lbs 11oz (1 week early) and 9lbs. 3oz. (on her due date)…I'm due in October and as you can imagine I'm thrilled to know that I'll most likely have another 9 pounder! Mine were both born a natural!

I feel your pain, I am now currently 2 days past my due date. I went 8 days over with my first and am hoping my doc. doesn't let me go that long this time. Here is hoping you have a healthy and happy baby. Wish your family the best!

Gosfam says:

You could be surprised and she could be your smallest. My oldest was a week late and weighed 8'13, and my youngest was 4 days late and weighed a lb less :) Anyways I was an 11lb 8.5oz baby and my mom delivered me naturally no drugs. Crazy, huh? I am afraid of having a monster at some point :) Good Luck, and I hope you get a smaller size baby girl.

Samantha says:

Is your mom diabetic?

My kids were 10lbs 11oz and 11lbs 2.4 oz, 4 and 3 weeks early respectively! Big babies run in our family too, but I'm also type 1 diabetic adding to the genetic crap-shoot.

Hope your baby comes soon and is smaller than you think! ♥

Brin says:

Goodluck!! My bestie just had her first baby, Connor, who was a whopping 11lbs 1oz. And she pushed that big boy out! Here's hoping that your little angel is not quite that big! Goodluck and be safe. She'll be here before you know it!

Its Sew For You says:

Good luck to you! Mine were luckily small, with my biggest being 7 pounds 15 ounces!

As for your adorable curl, my 4 month old has that curl and it is all natural! we like to joke that she is rocking the faux hawk!

By the way, March babies rock :) I'm a March baby and LOVE the aquamarine as a birth stone, so pretty. Just think of the gorgeous aquamarine ring you could wear in her honor!

Emily says:

Good luck! I hope she comes soon! Your chubby babies are so cute. :) Maybe she'll be under 9 lbs and you'll just get to lose a lot of, er, fluids.

Jana says:

Ashley, I was 11 pounds, 9.5 oz. at birth and I'm always hesitant to tell people that…

Haven't met many people who weighed more than I did at birth! Wow…:)

I've had two babies myself and both were under 7 pounds. Hope your newest little girl decides to make her appearance soon!! Can't wait to see pictures of her!

Christie @ A Lemon Squeezy Home says:

Oh, such adorable baby pictures. Good luck! Hope she comes today!!!

angie says:

Oh, girl, I feel your pain. Hang in there and hopefully the baby comes soon or they will induce you soon! My first came 3 weeks early and was 7.11, and I thought that was big for 3 weeks early!! Holy smokes. They induced me with #2 at 39 weeks for fears a big one, and she was only 8.10. Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about your new arrival!

Kori says:

Good luck! I totally feel your pain. I have a 4.5 month old. He was due 10/10/10. What a cool due date, right? I had never gone past 39 weeks of pregnancy with my other 3, so I thought I would this time too. he decided to be a stinker and come 2 days late. So we missed the 10/10/10 date, but he was 10 lbs. 10 oz.! Good luck whenever she decides to make her grand entrance!!!

Erin says:

I thought I had huge babies. Good luck with this "little" one. Can't wait to see some pics.

Carrie says:

I had to laugh because I am scared to death this baby is going to be huge! I am due next Friday but they are inducing me this week because 2 weeks ago, ultrasounds showed it to already weigh between 8-9lbs nearly. Yeah. My boys were 7lbs and 7lbs, 6oz. How on earth did this one get so big?!? This one's head actually measured closer to 42 weeks at 37 wks. YIKES. That's what the drs are worried about!

My drs are worried about me having it…I'm 5'0 and LOOK miserable (apparently because everyone keeps telling me that like I don't know it).

Good luck!

Our really empty nest says:

God love you and your new little girl, whenever she decides to make make her grand appearance!

Leach Family says:

Praying that know matter what size she is…that she is HEALTHY! I too have big babies 8'10 & 8'12 & my youngest was 10'6 and a week EARLY & he has a lot of health problems. So I will just pray that she is healthy!

Leesa says:

I feel your pain. My first one was 10 lbs a day early the 2nd was 9lbs 7oz 12 days early, the third was induced 12 days early and was 9lbs 2 oz and the 4th was induced 12 days early at 9lbs 2 oz but the last one was induced at 11 day early and came out a whopping 10lbs 12 oz! She did look like a little line backer! Best wishes on a safe delivery soon!

farmhouse mama says:

Three weeks ago I gave birth to my 4th boy…. 10lbs4oz. At 39 weeks I measured 44 weeks. I feel for ya! It's miserable but thankfully it's so worth it and mother nature lets you forget.
    Good luck!

BlessedMama says:

Yikes I feel for you girl! My son was 9 lbs 15 oz (right on time, thank goodness) and my daughter was 8 lbs 7oz (1 week early)….Good Luck and I'll be praying for that little lady to come soon! Take Care

Megan says:

Ah! Good luck! I was totally thinking about your due date yesterday as I was having trouble bending and lifting. I just hit 3rd trimester, so I don't even have any excuses! Especially since I was only an almost 9 lb baby, and DS was 7lb5oz. I will have to show DH those rolly thighs though. He's dreaming of a chubby little girl!

Hopefully all goes well (and soon!) Say hi to your mom for me! She's amazing! As are you! I can't wait to see the pictures and all of the cute baby girl crafts that come! :) I just stocked up on plain white onesies in anticipation, although I guess you won't be making them newborn size.

Anne Marie... says:

I haven't been following you too long – but hadn't a clue (blame it on MY prego-brain)….I'm expecting our sixth baby – and literally any moment the midwife says – so for sure you are in my prayers….

(p.s. mine keep getting bigger – which is no consolation…the last one was an ounce shy of 10lbs.)

xoxo!! + blessings,
    Anne Marie

Debbi says:

My baby has decided that he's set up camp and he's not moving. This is actually the longest I've been pregnant since baby number 2 (who waited for her due date)…he's number 9! I'm due in 5 days.

Hang in there!!

Goings on at the Glenn's says:

hang in there. I would hate to be over due! I am due in 2 1/2 weeks and am already hoping to start labor. Hang in there and we can't wait to see pics of your new baby

Alison says:

You're scaring me saying each kid weighed more than the previous at birth! My first was 8lb 2 oz. What's my second going to weigh?!

Might I suggest a lot of walking and eating some fresh (not canned) pineapple? That may or may not have been what helped put me into labor when I was five days past my due date. Good luck!

Shayna says:

im so excited and anxiously waiting for you to have her! i am 4 days away from my due date and i'm dying.. its my first so i shouldn't even think about going early but still!!! bless you and that big baby (if she comes out big ) :) and GOOD LUCK

Angee says:

Aww both my babies were late but small 7.5 and 7.10 My youngest is 5 months and only 14 pounds and she doesn't have a roll of fat on her. But she's got some yummy checks. Good luck! I hope she doesn't keep you waiting too much longer.

Shalee says:

Good luck! I have always wondered what it would be like to be so ready to have your baby out! My baby came at 27 weeks gestation so I was not even close to that point yet. She only weighed 2 lbs 11 oz so I can't sympathize with you much. But I did push for two hours! Hope your delivery goes smoothly and your little one decides to make an appearance soon!

Desiree says:

My first was March 10 of last year. 10 pounds, 8 ounces. They only get bigger right? Ugh. I'm 6'3" and my hubby is 6'6"…I think I'm doomed with giant babies. I'm guessing yours will be 10 lbs 8 oz. :)

Marisa says:

You are truly amazing, blogging all the way up to your due date and carrying such huge babies. 8.6 was my biggest (and felt ginormous!), not my smallest, so I am in awe of anything bigger. Good luck with everything and thank you for such a fantastic blog.

Amanda says:

My last son weighed in at a hefty 11 lbs. He was born naturally and easily. Vaginas are made for having babies. I didn't notice any difference between this baby and my first who weighed 7 lbs 10 oz. Being pregnant with an 11 lb baby, however, should have earned me a medal. I'm 5'7" with a short torso. Talk about heart burn! Good luck!

sandra says:

I just wanted to say I was 5'2" and 105 lbs and my second baby was 10lbs 2 oz. and I had nothing to help with delivery but a very short labor and back in those days they didn't give you anything till you were practically delivering (no epidural). He was beautiful and chubby just like your two lovely ones. Good luck I hope She comes soon and quickly. God Bless Sandra

Nursemom says:

Good Luck! I hope she's smaller but it looks like you can handle it. Can't wait to see pictures!

Rachel says:

After seeing you Sunday, ;) I'm going to guess 8 lbs 4 oz. for the baby. They told me my first was going to be 10 lbs at least and I was terrified. Especially going for no pain drugs! He came a week early and was only 7'8 and my second was supposed to be at least 9 lbs and ended up 7'6. So even though your first 2 were bigger I'm going with 8'4" and 21 in. Good luck!

Elizabeth Farnsworth says:

Oh good luck and I can't wait until you post pictures fo the little one! Do you have a name? I hope all goes well. Love you!

Shawnte says:

My oldest was born 8lb 2oz at 38 weeks and she is now 3. Our newest baby made her appearance 10 weeks early and is currently 1lb 9oz and in the NICU. I hope your sweetie comes soon so you can spoil them!

Polly @ Helping Little Hands says:

Good luck! You were a chunk…so cute. Hopefully your new little one makes an appearance soon.

Katie O. says:

LOVE your comments about your luxury 'hotel' for your babies! I'm the opposite. I'm 5'2" with a small torso–mine where crunched in & I felt it for sure!! I pray that precious girl will come out very soon, all healthy & cuddly :)

Patti says:

Oh my…sending lots of labor vibes your way. I hope you go soon.
    I can't imagine a 10lb baby. My biggest out of five was my fourth, he was two weeks early (induced because I go really fast) and was 9.5 lbs. That was big enough.
    Good luck to you!! :)

mathstamp says:

This post made me laugh & want another baby! My first was 8'3, 2 weeks early. My second was 9'13, 1 week early. When the nurse picked him up to put him on the scale, she said this is an 11 pounder. She put him on the scale and it said 9'13, so she picked him up and said that couldn't be right and put him back on the scale. It still said 9'13 and she couldn't believe it. He was 23 inches long, so I think he was just so long. They brought him clothes and only had NB size clothes ready. They tried stuffing him in them and he would not fit. He was a very easy delivery, much easier than my first. He did have a broken collarbone, but it never bothered him. He also is my miracle baby, born with a complete knot in his umbilical cord, obviously it didn't stunt his growth. Good luck, sorry for the long comment!

Samantha Kennicott says:

I was already so baby hungry it isn't even funny, (which is weird because my little guy isn't even quite a year old yet. one more week to go!) and you are SO making it worse! :) Good luck and congrats in advance!!

Hollie says:

I have a 4 1/2 month old and he also weighed 9 lbs 10 oz like your little boy. He was my first. Ouch. :/

Nancy says:

wow…it sounds like your mom had gestational diabetes and wasn't diagnosed. many weren't back then…My smallest baby was 9-2 but my biggest was 10 lbs 8 oz AND 24 inches long…and delivered vaginally!!!

Marissa says:

In my opinion, chunky babies are better (well, after the giving birth part). You just want to hug them and squeeze them and you're not so afraid of "breaking" them. My first was 9lbs and the second was 10lbs 8oz, both induced early. (I'm petite, so the doc was worried about me.) When, I had my third she was only 8lbs (again induced early) and for the first month I felt like she was so tiny and breakable. Don't worry she chunked up pretty quickly. Funny enough, all of them are tall and skinny now. :) Good luck!

my biggest was 8.4 but you are right they get their rolls faster!! and ditto to the new baby smell. sometimes I have to go lean over the bassinet to get a fix!

Brooke says:

Your baby picture is so cute! Try bouncing on an exercise ball. It worked for me. Best of luck!

Leigh the sewing diva says:

wow and i thought my little 8lb6oz preemie was bad enough!!!
    good luck and looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of your new little lady.

Come visit my blog at:
    Leigh at The Sewing Diva

Meg says:

My first and only so far was my son born feb 3 2010 he was 10 lbs 1 oz 20 inches long. He was so big he got stuck and they had to do an emergency c-section! He was 4 weeks early. bleh. lol

I am guessing 10lbs 5 oz

sheilaa131 says:

What adorable baby pictures. My first girl was 9.6 lbs. But they are so cute when they are not so tiny and delicate. Enjoy all your babies. Good luck-hope time flies and baby will be home soon.

Sarah says:

Aw, good luck! Hope she comes soon! My first boy was 9 pounds even, so my doctor induced me a week early with my second little boy, and he was still 8 pounds, 6 oz. Gotta love those big babies!

AmyLenn says:

Can't help myself to comment. I just said a prayer for you as you wait these last little bits of time for your girl to arrive.

I can't believe I have so much in common with you. I, too, am 5'11" and was born #7 in a family of seven. I think we are pretty rare breeds!

You will do great! Enjoy her :)

Rooster Inn Primitives says:

Oh my I feel for you. My babies got bigger each time. My daughter in law was due on Jan 18th and the doctors started inducing her on Jan. 11 and she had little lexi on Jan. 14th..I was wishing she was born on my bday.. Jan 10. She was a small baby. I don't understand why doctors let the babies come when they are ready. That's the way it used to be. Good luck Hope you win…

Ashley, I ask Jordan or Lori every Sunday about your status…hang in there. March baby are great…look how we turned out. ;) ~Sharon Bee

Janette says:

Oh, you're doing so great! The last few days seem the longest, no matter how many days you've already done. Do some fun things just for you (like sleeping) that you might not get to do later.

I'm tall too, and have big babies. Baby #6 was 9 1/2 lbs, and #7 turned out to be more than 13 pounds of TWO babies. Yes, we tall ladies get huge, but I think it's less uncomfortable than the dainty petites who have baby belly clear up to their chins. AND you get bragging rights!

We're sending prayers and warm fuzzies your way!

Jen Isackson says:

Oh my goodness!!!!! Your poor mother :) I will pray that your little girl is under 10 lbs for you ;) I'm so glad my first was 7 lb 1oz. The next better be under 8 too ;)

Michelle says:

Just hold out a little longer…you're so close to the end. I have two boys, my first was 10 lbs 15oz and my second (born 16months later) was 9lbs 14oz. We grow them big in this family! Both come via c-section, I just couldn't push them out on my own…and both were at least 2weeks early. I'm 5'6" and about 150lbs, so pretty average in size. I wouldn't change a bit of it though. There is nothing like baby rolls to make all that work look like a piece of cake :)

Kimberly says:

Wishing you all the best and hoping and praying that your "little" one will arive very soon. :)

Anna Lear says:

Sending you good birthing vibes! My baby girl (who turns 7 today) was 2 weeks early, bless her heart, but still weighed in at almost 8 pounds. Here's hoping your new babe was just waiting for March and will join the world SOON!

fourkidsmom says:

My niece who is 6'1 had her last baby, number four, who weighed in at 11 pounds 2 oz. And no c-section. good thing she was tall. Mine were always small 6 and 8 pounds.

Morgan says:

My guess is 9lbs 15 oz, only because that is what my baby weighed in at! Good luck to ya, my heart goes out :)

Jessica :) says:

Oh, gosh, good luck! I do hope she comes soon and that she isn't a linebacker! ;) My little one was 7lbs 13 oz and the doctor kept talking about how big she was compared to how small I was. Not a comforting thing to learn after pushing a baby through the nether regions. My mom's last baby was over 13 pounds – and she delivered vaginal. I still do not know how she did that.
    Here's hoping yours is a comfortably manageable number like 9! :D

Kristy says:

All three of my babies were LATE–9 days, 12 days, and 9 days. It was so hard waiting (especially 12 days!), but it really is the best thing if your body can go into labor all on its own. And I delivered a 7 pounders and a 9 pounder and the 9 pounder was actually EASIER so don't be scared of a big baby! You can do it! Can't wait to "meet" your new baby girl! HANG IN THERE!

Melinda says:

I'll send a prayer your way! My 1st was 10 days late, 2nd was 14 days late but both came naturally (they get the procrastination genes from me)…I know it stinks to pass the due date by but your little one will just get healthier and healthier until she arrives. Stay strong!

Laura @ ON{thelaundry}LINE says:

So exciting! My first was 5 days late and 8lb 10oz or something like that… she was 9lb by 2 weeks. My second was 11 days late and induced at a charming 9lb 5oz, also 9lb at 2 weeks. (Now my second is 3.5 months, nearly 15lbs, and has two teeth. I don't know.)
    I have to say, the second was still easier to push out, despite the weight difference!

Try to relax through this last little while, it hasn't been long enough that I don't remember how craptastic it is sitting there waiting after your due date!

KaShan says:

I have big babies too. My first was a week late at 8.14, second was on his due date at 10 even and the third was a week early and 10 even. They were all 22 inches long too!!! This time around we are having twins so I am thankful that they will be smaller!!

Melissa says:

Ok, so I laughed out loud! That is funny. My first baby was 10 pounds 6 ounces and 23 inches long. I had a linebacker. I am pregnant with a little girl and they watching her like a hawk. They are scared that I might have another 10 pound babies. Good luck my friend! I hope this baby comes soon.

Melissa says:

P.s. When I was 9 months prego, I was 55 inches round. I am only 5 foot 4 inches. Yes, my hubbie had to roll me out of bed.

ShirleyC says:

Good luck with your delivery! My daughter was 10lbs 7oz, and she was 2 weeks late, and NO C section either.
    My son was 8lbs 13 oz, and I was induced 2 weeks early.
    Your picture is too cute!

Spence Ohana says:

9lbs. 12oz.

Wow and I thought my 8 pounders were big! Best wishes for a smooth L&D for you!!! Can't wait to hear about your birth story!

Tricia says:

Oh the waiting is hard. I hope that she decided to show up soon. My son (only at the moment), was 9'5, and I'm terrified that our next kids will be even bigger.

BECKY says:

i so hope it's soon! best wishes!

M.J. Rutledge says:

Good luck. I understand your discomfort and pain. Both my babies were late with my boy weighing in at 10lbs 7oz, 23" and my daughter at a petite 8lbs 14oz, 21". Hope your little princess comes soon.

ThE dAvIs FaMiLy says:

good luck! and I just gave you some love on my page at

tracyp says:

Wow! My 2lb 4oz baby might have been smaller the your leg! Congrats on a full term baby!! I love the smells and little rolls too.

Judy says:

I know how you feel. My first was 9 lb 10 oz, 6 days late. My 2nd was 9 lb 3 oz, one day late. My 3rd is due in 4 weeks and if he stays in like the others I'm sure he'll be huge too. But they are more sturdy that way I guess. Good luck on delivering soon, I'm feeling ready to be done too and I'm not even considered full term yet.