By the way, how was your Christmas?

I’m still pretending Christmas isn’t over yet.
It rushed by too quickly.
It’s always hard for me to adjust to “real life” after Christmas.  I will miss all of the cheer, the Christmas tunes on the radio, the really nice guy at the grocery store who lets me go ahead of him and then says “Merry Christmas” with a grin, the holiday treats from friends and neighbors, and goodness……even the bell ringers at the stores, who always have a smile and a quick “God Bless” to share with passersby.
Ahhhh, what a pleasant time of year.  And ours was very calm and cozy with just the four of us.
What a pleasant weekend.
This little guy woke up Christmas morning, however, angry that Mr. Claus ate all of the cookies we left for him on the plate.  I guess he thought they were for him.  Poor kid.
He got over it when we entered the land of presents-a-plentyWhat joy.
All morning, there was plenty of wrapping paper thrown in all directions from these little tornado fingers
 And I kind of adored the heaps of kids on my lap as I opened presents of my own.
(Mind you, there are 3 kids on my lap with that pregnant belly of mine.)
Nice and cozy.
And there was even some unwrapping assisting from those older, more skilled fingers.

And I just have to say, one of the favorites that morning, were these darling knitted monsters from their auntie (thanks Jodi!!).
  Each monster has a matching baby monster that fits snuggly in its belly pouch.  Pretty irresistible.
And ooh la la, someone felt all grown up with her fancy new jewelry on.
The best part of the morning?  Playing.
And it’s official……..daddy’s are just as excited about the toys as the kids are.
The rest of the day was just the same.
No plans, no fuss, no worries.
That’s why I miss it already.
. . . . . . . . . .
And then on the 26th, a few flurries of snow to end the weekend well.
Nothing to play in.  Only fun to watch.
I could hardly believe that it was actually snowing.
Here in Georgia.
The day after Christmas.
How dreamy.
How was your Christmas?
I hope it was enjoyed, wherever you were, with loved ones or not.

Filed under Family, Holiday

Comments

36 Responses to “By the way, how was your Christmas?”
    amymcgrady says:

I'm "next door" in Alabama and we actually had a WHITE Christmas! The first one of my life and the first for the state in about a hundred years. It really was magical. I hope your family had a wonderful Christmas. I know mine was great. =)

Terri @ em-belle-ish.blogspot.com says:

I'm with you on keeping Christmas alive :) It is such a nice time of year in so many ways. So in that spirit, "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year" to you and yours.

Smith Family says:

We had a great Christmas! Not really what we expected, but really good.
    See my blogpost here.

Sounds like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! I love the monsters with their babies….how adorable is that!!!

Kimberly says:

Yeah I cant believe it was snowing in AL!! It was enough to get smacked in the head while locking the door… mean ol' husband. My little girl had those same pj's too! I'm glad they had a great Christmas!

my family says:

what fun, my friend is from dalonegah (sp) and she was there visiting, jealous of her white christmas too:)love the little monsters

Biżuteria z filcu says:

In Poland still snowing :) Everywhere and everything is white. :)
    Hugs from Poland
    Agata

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition says:

those monsters are fabulous!!

Diana Joy says:

My Christmas was blessed; thanks for asking. I so enjoyed your pictures. What joy they show. I don't know Georgia weather patterns so I take it you don't usually get snow….did it ever get deep enough for the kids to play in? Take care.

Suzie Bee says:

I adore your little lady's pjyamas! I'm such a sucker for red and white spots… Merry (belated) Christmas!

Splendid says:

What beautiful pictures! Praise God, you have gorgeous kids and a gorgeous family! Wish you well, and Merry Christmas! :)

kelly says:

merry christmas!!

jodi needs to do a guest tutorial… those monsters are pretty dang cute.

Brenden+Nikki says:

Ha YEP! Brenden played with Collin's toys almost as much as Collin did. ha ha. He even made "vroom vroom" sounds with all the new little cars Collin got. :) I loved watching every minute of it. Collin thought his dad was so cool.

Army Wife Quilter says:

well we had a quiet day of presents and sick kids. I don't know what it is but ever since we moved to TX I have had at least 3 sick kids a month. not all at the same time. So when Christmas presents where put together and the baby went down for the night I took the tree down cleaned up the mess and went to bed. I guess it could have been better but my kids where happy with there loot.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk says:

Awww, I love seeing all your pictuers!

No snow in central Texas, but it WAS chilly outside, which was fantastic. One Christmas was in the 90's I believe, so having a chilly Christmas was fine by me.

I also love watching kids open up their gifts. Opening one after another, not really *soaking* up with it is, but then playing with everything afterwards. And I just love the dolls that Jodi made, wow! Too cute!!

Sweet Audrey says:

Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ •。★Christmas★ 。* 。*
    ° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚★ 。* 。*。 • ˚ ˚ •。★
    ˚ ˛ •˛•*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛★ 。* 。*★ 。* 。*
    ˚ ˛ •˛• | 田田|門| ˚and a Happy New Year!

Rachel says:

My parents got some snow in Georgia, too, but it wasn't a lot. People were freaking out about it, though! But it was gone the next day – I told my Dad he could come out to Utah and have a bit of our snow if he wanted, but he declined. Ha, I don't blame him.

Sara says:

Woah! I totally got the impression that you lived in Utah. WEIRD.

Sawyers Family says:

Ok, so I live on the Northwest side of Atlanta and we got 3 inches of snow!! Where in Georgia are you that you only got flurries because I'm moving there!

btrbirth says:

Speaking of that pregnant belly….taken a childbirth class yet? check out http://www.briobirth,com.

Amanda says:

Ours was awesome!! Santa Claus totally punked our kids. (in the best way of course!) He moved half the furniture, Christmas tree, and presents into our newly renovated basement. They thought the Grinch had made a visit! But it was only Santa playing tricks.

Anne says:

Christmas doesn't end until February 2nd, the Feast of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary, or Candlemas. Keep on celebrating. It is perfectly allowed ;)

GaMtnScrap says:

Looks like you had a GREAT day! Ours was quiet and peaceful too! No stress, no worries! And I'm in Georgia, but Northern, and we had a WHITE Christmas! It snowed almost 3 inches on Christmas day! That was a rare treat!

Taylor says:

That's sad you guys only got some flurries! I was down in Cumming (like 45 minutes outside Atlanta) and we were able to build a snowman!

Lil Mama Stuart says:

you put it so well, and i feel exactly the same! except the lazy day comes the day after Christmas since Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are spent running around!

Rugrats & Royalty says:

Christmas is always so magical! Love this time of the year! Our Christmas was perfect…my favourite part was seeing my 6 yr old daughter literally jumping for joy & screaming when she saw her new dollhouse! Perfectly dreamy!

May 2011 bless you with many more magical memories!

A List Creations says:

My Christmas was wonderful! I am with you on the sad it's over part. Christmas is my FAVORITE time of the year, and this year it flew past. For some reason I just couldn't get 100% in the spirit. I am usually in Christmas mode in October. Oh well.

Glad to see y'all had a good Christmas!

Megan "the" Bug Creator says:

I am in northwest georgia just north of cartersville. We had 6 inches of snow!!!! I have lived here for over 6 years now and my family has been here for forever and not one person can remember a white christmas. It was perfect because it is my son's first christmas and he really loved sledding.

Lyndsey says:

LOVE the matching pajamas!

Karen G. says:

You have a beautiful family! And, I'm totally with you on the "let down" after Christmas–I miss all the fun preparations, music, and good cheer, too!

Spence Ohana says:

How cute is your family!

Enjoyed reading about your Christmas and seeing your family photos!

Wonderful Whittacres says:

So I don't know you at all but I had to tell you because I think your little boy's reaction was hilarious — my little girl who's probably a little bit older freaked out and wouldn't go near the presents because she thought Santa Claus was still here — and she doesn't like him at all! So we had a grumpy start too — until she saw the stockings and presents and no strangers lurking under the tree!

RockBottomTshirts says:

Hi never knew you were local.

We got a decent bit of snow out here in Ball Ground, GA too.

It's all gone now so it came and went just at the right time!

Softflexgirl says:

Those baby monsters are too adorable. The kids look so joyful. I can see why you would want Christmas to last a bit longer.

The New Witty's says:

those knitted monsters are TOO cute! your pictures are excellent also. looks like you guys had a wonderful christmas!

Wow! After all I got a web site from where I be capable of really obtain valuable
    information regarding my study and knowledge.

jual boneka says:

Fabulous, what a blog it is! This web site presents
    helpful facts to us, keep it up.