Where’s My Head?

It’s time to come clean.

Lately I just haven’t been myself.

I have been losing things like opened jars of jelly……then finding them here.

I have had accident after accident and just seem to drop or bump into everything.

I have had more tears lately.  At random times.  And lots of them all at once.

And man, I just can’t get enough to drink.

Or get enough of these to eat.

And another thing, I wish there were more hours in the day to lay here.
And in case you’re wondering, I’m the last person out of that bed……….and yes, I leave it just like that these days.  But, this way, it’s nice and ready to start from where I left off that morning.  Sleeping.

But don’t you see?

Something must be wrong.

So, I went to the doctor.

And they sent me home with pictures like these.

And then, supposedly this picture lets us know the gender of that little nugget growing inside of me.
After the doctor’s appointment, I came home feeling much better.

I’m not crazy, clumsy, forgetful, exhausted, emotional, or expanding in the middle for no reason, afterall.
I’m pregnant.
(And haha, yes, I knew this whole time.  I didn’t really “finally figure it out” at the doctor.)
And we couldn’t be more excited.
My heart anxiously awaits our time to munch on this warm and squishy baby girl, all perfectly plump and delicate.  And stare for hours at her teeny tiny little features.  (Well, my last baby was about 10 pounds…..not exactly teeny tiny.)
So yes, I have been a little loopy, tired, and forgetful lately………so forgive me if you emailed me many months ago and I still haven’t responded.  Most likely, I was going to respond……but then got sick.  Or tired.  And now I can’t remember.  Oops.
But each time we find out the gender of our babies (no surprises here…), I love to start planning.

And one of my favorite things in life……is staring at little baby clothes.  Even while not pregnant.  They are just too irresistible.

So, since this baby is coming in February, I had to make her a new spring dress that will fit her a few months later.

Anything mini is just that much cuter.

And don’t worry…….my older girl already has names picked out.
Like “Lyon-eela” or “Shmawna-loo”.
Real inventive and very easy to pronounce, don’t you think?
We’ll have to break the news to her that she doesn’t get to pick the name.
But even though there are minor adjustments in the household, we are all very excited to meet our newest little baby girl!

So forgive any insanity, unanswered questions/emails, or any other unusual behavior…
We’ll just blame it on the pregnancy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Filed under Family

215 Responses to “Where’s My Head?”
    Tara @ Tara Being Tara says:

And that is the sweetest little dress I have ever seen!!! Maybe her big sister needs a matching hairbow?

Bree says:

Congrats!! And that dress is darling…you never cease to amaze me! Pleeease can I have an ounce of your creativity! ;)

Angie says:

Such wonderful news! Congratulations to you and your beautiful family!

Brittney says:

Yeah! So fun! I have 4 girls and everyone of them has been just a joy to add to our family! Congrats!

Steph and Tony says:

Congratulations! I love that dress :) Any chance you're going to show us how to make it? I'm having a girl in January and I'm fairly certain she needs one too :)

amber says:

congratulations, My daughter things that my baby should be named rainbow, I love the names they come up with.

Kelli says:

Joy says:

Congratulations Ashley! The dress is adorable!

Amie says:

Congrats! How exciting for your family. :)

~linds says:

Huge congratulations! And yes, that dress is perfect! I love that umbrella fabric.

Emily says:

and O.M.G. that dress is darling! Please tell me where you found that fabric!!

Bree says:

Rhadonda says:

Children are truly a blessing from God. Congratulations. I LOVE sewing for girls. Your dress is awesome, love the fabrics. There are so many great patterns out there. I buy a lot from youcanmakethis and check out sewblessedfabric pictures if you haven't already. Ivey has a great eye for fabric like you do.

Goings on at the Glenn's says:

so fun! we are having ours in March and it is so exciting to bring home those little pictures. Although we didn't find out the gender this time. We are keeping it a surprise. I think I just might go crazy :)

Frau Traumberg says:

Congrats! I like the names – so which one do you take? ;-)

mags897 says:

oh congratulations on her! she'll be beautiful! Love the dress its adorable! Your already making me want to expand our brood! My daughter will be 4 in December and my little man turns 2 tomorrow!

Diana says:

Congrats! What a precious dress!

Becky says:

CONGRATS Ashley! How exciting!! I get forgetful and clumsy when I am pregnant too. No fun. Hope the sickness has subsided. :o)

Traci says:

Congratulations!!!! =)

Andrea says:

Congratulations!!! How exciting! We are done with kids for now but it will definitely be fun seeing all the baby projects you come up with. I LOVE making baby stuff and that dress is super cute ;)

Becki and Jeff says:

Congratulations!! I love the little dress!!

The Sillito Family says:

Oh.. congratulations! And don't worry, I think any pregnant woman who manages to still make 2 homemade halloween costumes is doing pretty darn good if you ask me!

Shirley says:

Congrats!! I'm pregnant too, due a few months after you. That dress is so cute! yay for little girls!

Nancy says:

What wonderful news…. As soon as I saw that jar of jelly in the cupboard I knew… I did the same thing many years ago..

The dress is darling…

Amanda says:

Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I L.O.V.E. your blog. You are so, so talented! I'm having a baby girl in a couple weeks. Too bad yours isn't coming first, so I can get all sorts of great baby girl clothing ideas! I guess I'll just have to make your great ideas in a bigger size for mine :) I LOVE that dress – I might have to make something like that soon. Well, probably after the baby comes because I am quickly losing steam now! Hope you're feeling well! Best, Amanda

Janeen says:

Hooray! 3 kids already! Congrats!
    So are you going to show us how to make that dress?
    Please?! It's so cute.

Bree says:

Love the dress, I have that same umbrella fabric & haven't decided yet to make with it, even though I've had it for months. She'll be adorable in it (and anything & everything else too!).

Amy says:

yay! congrats!!

jennifer says:

woohoo! another baby is always exciting!! i love to make baby things…so I'll be sewing along!!!

Cecily says:

Congratulations!! That's great! Best of luck for the remainder of your pregnancy!

Stacy says:

Congratulations! Girls are great (we have 3, 3 and under, eek)

The Jam in the cupboard and eating ice totally gave it away, but the jam really clued me in.

I can't wait to see the new baby projects you come up with since I have a tiny 3mo old that just came home. Can't wait to try and make that super cute dress!

Ana says:

CONGRATULATIONS!! It's a miracle :) Enjoy it and use this special time to prepare for this little princess:)

Stephanie says:

Congrats! When I read the part about finding out the gender of the "babies" I thought you were expecting 2! I had to reread it!
    I've been thinking about this same thing a lot lately. Maybe I'll join you soon . . .

Jessica says:

Congratulations to you and your family! We are also due at the end of February.

By the way, the dress is absolutely adorable!

the momma (aka Shannon) says:

too funny! i looked at the first two pictures and thought, well, when that happens to me it's time to break out the preg tests! and then i scrolled down…
    i'm expecting my little bun in may–and if it happens to be another girl i'm going to be back here bugging you for where you got that AdOrAbLe umbrella fabric!!! :)

{autie} says:

Love the umbrellas!!!

Alexandra says:

Congratulations – what a wonderful joy! May your pregnancy be easy and healthy – many blessings to you and your family!

Angela says:

Congrats! Love, love your spring dress!

Courtney says:

Love having two little girls they are so much fun!

Beth says:

Congrats!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me you are going to do a tutorial of that dress??? I just had another itty bitty girl and have visions of her in it with a bigger one to match for big sissy! So darling!

Sawyers Family says:

Congrats! Once I saw the jam in the pantry…I knew you were pregnant! I do the same things when I'm pregnant! Oh and we have kids who are about the same ages! 3 is fun…a lot of work, but fun!

The Wade Family says:

Congrats! As an AVID reader of your blog- I couldn't be happier!!

Zepequeña says:

Uauh! Congrats!!!

Bulloch Family says:

Congratulations!! The dress is amazing! Absolutely adorable

Tim and Amber says:

Congrats!! the dress is so cute! we are having #2 in May and I'm really hoping it's a girl so that I can make all of the cute girly things that you're going to think up. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! :)

the momma says:

Congratulations!! How exciting for you all :-)

The Life of a Step Mom says:

Congratulations! How exciting is this!?

Rachel D says:

Congratulations! Hope you're feeling better soon. Can't wait to see all the cute baby projects.

Ghislaine says:

And I love that umbrella fabric! So cute!

Never A Plain Jane says:

Yea for you guys! Thanks for sharing this great news with us!

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery says:

How exciting! Congrats! love the dress!

Katy says:

CONGRATS!!!!! What an awesome way to announce, i love it!!!

i'm so excited to see all the cute little baby things you start making!!!

The Pittmans says:

Oh Congrats on the great news :D I am about 7 months pregnant right now with my first boy! After 3 plump little girls. My now 5 yr old daughter was a bouncing 10 lbs 12 oz, and you are much teenier than I. YOU GO GIRL! haha. The whole time I was reading the beginning of this post I was checking all those off in my mind as well! hehe. I call it mushy mommy brain or baby brain…

Sarah says:

Congrats!! I knew with the second picture that's what you were going to say! :)

the Corbin Clan says:

Congratulations! I have 3 kids and they are girl, boy, girl just like you are having. Fun! The dress is absolutely adorable. You should make one for your other daughter as well. I love having my girls match each other.

Emily says:

How exciting! Congratulations! Love that little dress. Babies (and anything mini really) are the best!

Mike and Allie Vedomske says:

Congrats! I'm so excited! But I've got to admit, I'm almost more excited for me than for you. Our older kids are almost the same ages (and sizes) and I'm also having a little one in April. I think it's a girl…But not sure yet. So basically, that means that I just get to keep copying all your stuff for all my kids and it makes it so much easier and more fun! So congrats to you and happy day to me too! :)

Stephanie Smith says:

Congratulations on the baby girl. Just out of curiosity…I see the Ranch Style Beans in the pic behind the jelly. Do you live in Texas?

TNW says:

I knew that was coming, my smile was getting wider and wider as I scrolled and read. ;D

I am SOOOO happy for your! Congratulations you lovely Mommy. :)

kati says:

YEAH CONGRATS!!!! So happy so you!!!

Melissa says:

CONGRATS!!!!! So excited for you! Love you!

Marina says:

What a great news!

Rebekah says:

how exciting!!!! do you have a pattern for that cute little dress? we have a new girl coming to our family in 2 months.

congrats again!!!!!!!

Nicole says:

Yay for you and your family! Congratulations!

ShirleyC says:

Congrats on the good news! How exciting!

Tiffany says:

that's exciting news! congrats! now we need to set up a deadline. we gotta meet before the baby comes!

sjones says:

Yay!!! You are such a good mom I'm glad you have been blessed again!

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun says:

congrats..I knew where you were headed before you even got to the bed part! girls are way more fun I think (sorry to the boys!)

Jill says:

Congrats! You had me a little scared there in the beginning. I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with MS and so this immediately popped to mind! I baby is so exciting though!!!! YAY!

Nike@ChooseToThrive says:

Absolutely, wonderfully awesome. Can't wait to see the fun stuff you dream up for this baby … as soon as you get a good nap in ;)

Hele says:

which means congratulations!!!

I am sooo happy for you!

Amber says:

Congrats!!! And the dress is so cute

Jacqueline says:

Thats great news! Congrats! As I started reading your post I had my comment planned I was going to say are you pregnant? Then I scrolled down….What a great blessing!

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic says:

I love the names your daughter picked out…very creative;)

That dress is adorable!

Susan says:

Oh Ashley! What wonderful news! I just wish we were in the same city still so I could take pictures of the chubby cheeks and tiny feet! Put up belly pictures sometime!

Su says:

Congratulations, Ashley

Awwww, I could just squeeze you all! I sat here and read each comment and blushed, smiled and laughed…..over and over again. Thanks so much for your well wishes and support. I didn't expect such lovely responses. :)

As for the fabric, it's by Riley Blake Designs and is called Umbrella Tops in White. I purchased it here: http://www.thelittlefabricshop.com/Products/retro-umbrellas-in-white.aspx

As for the dress pattern, it's in the works. I thought I'd wait until spring to offer it…..but I may get it out sooner than that. Especially for all of you who like to sew ahead of time. :) But we'll see when "sooner" actually arrives! ;)

And for the Ranch Beans in my cupboard comment, no we don't live in Texas (we live in GA)…..but those are my favorite beans. And I have found them in every state I have lived. Love them!

Am I forgetting a question? Email me, if so…
    [email protected]

And thanks again, I'm glad I'm not the only one with opened jam in her cupboard!

Leigh Anne says:

Congrats! I'm expecting #3 in March so I'm right there w/ you. That dress you made is super adorable :) And I'm with you on the bed – I could crash into mine at just about any minute of the day – seriously!!! :)

GaMtnScrap says:

Amy says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What wonderful news!

Tammy says:

Congratulations! Glad you have a wonderful reason for falling apart! LOL

My daughter names her dollies names just like your daughter picked out. :0)

WannaBcrafty says:

Such a sweet little dress for your baby girl.

Genevieve says:

congrats!! and i love that dress! i just may need to make one for next summer… ha! but did you have a pattern or just make it up? love it!!

Heather says:

I am sure that this little girl will be the best dressed everywhere she goes. congratulations. Babies are a true joy.

Mardi says:

Yay for you! Hope you are feeling well.

Bethany says:

I'd like to be the first (or the 86th?) to say… Congratulations! :)

Sadly, I lost my head with my 3rd, too, only I've never gotten it back… hm.

Hi There- this is Rachael from A.C. Moore. We read your blog and just wanted pass along a BIG congratulations!!! :-)

Camilla Jones (CioCo Photography) says:

congrats!!! how exciting, we are having a girl in january, so if you are feeling very loving, it would be awesome if you could share how to make it? you're creativity never ceases to amaze…everyone! :)

Rebekah says:

That's wonderful news! I guessed before I got down to the pictures what your "problem" was. The symptoms were all too familiar to me! :)

Leanna says:

HOLY COW!!! I don't even know you personally, but I feel like we're friends since I'm always getting so much inspiration from your blog. So congratulations!!! That is super exciting. =D And I LOVE that little dress! Do you have a tutorial for it or are you just going to tease us? ;-)

Rachel says:

I found out yesterday that I'm having a boy in March (Well, found out that it's a boy, already knew I was having something in March!). I already have 2 boys and 1 girl, and this is the last one, so I was really hoping to even out the numbers. So, I kind of hate you today. Way to rub it in!

lorchick @ ON{thelaundry}LINE says:

congrats! I was like two pointers in and I was like 'dude she's totally pregnant' because it was like reading my own diary. If I had one. If I could remember where it was if I did have one. What did I have for breakfast again? I want candy corn.

Melanie says:

Congratulations!!! I get terrible Pregnancy Brain when preggo (and even when I'm not!) I love the dress- do tell what designs the fabric! I love it!

Brenden+Nikki says:

YAY Ash!! I was going to email you but I think I have your ancient email address and I'm not sure it's still right. I'm so excited! We're both having girls in February. When's your due date?

Christy, Home-Mom.com says:

I can relate, I was thinking while reading the beginning "that sounds like me" I've got 4 weeks to go granted but I've been clumsy the entire time.

The dress is lovely too. And so you know I'm making my daughter's elephant costume as we speak (well taking a break) and hope she loves it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Ali says:

Congratulations! We, too, are having a baby girl in February. Maybe she needs me to make her a matching dress…
    Very excited for you! Can't wait to see what you whip up for her!

Teresa says:

YAY! How exciting. Hope you feel well.

Britney says:

Well congratulations! That is great news. Sounds like you definitely have some original names to choose from . . . hehe. and the dress is adorable. Any tutes for that?

Angela says:

Congrats! Love that sweet little dress! When we got our baby girl her 4 year old brother wanted to call her Diesel off Thomas and the Tank engine. Aaahh..no sorry!

Christie @ A Lemon Squeezy Home says:

Oh, congrats! I started reading the post and thought that you totally must be pregnant, then got to the end. Yea!