Just an April Fool’s…

Did I trick you yesterday (here)?

Or did you really think I had lost it?

I seriously laughed at each of those comments yesterday.

And to think the original plan was to wait until today to tell you it was an April Fool’s joke. I just couldn’t do it. I think many of you were ready to write me off forever. Ha!

I had fun with that…..hopefully you did to.

And I did try the ‘ol rubber band around the kitchen sink sprayer trick on my husband. He was standing to the side and it just got everything behind him all wet. So he grabbed it and sprayed me.
Dang trick……totally back-fired!

Maybe next year!

Hope you all enjoy your Easter (and hopefully springy) weekend.

Thanks for hanging around and reading my blog.

It sure means a lot.

XO

Comments

20 Responses to “Just an April Fool’s…”
    Deanna says:

I'm really glad you told us at the end of that post…because I was seriously thinking about the fire hazards and how … i'm at a loss for words…. forgive me, but 'dumb' comes to mind. LOL! Yeah…I was freaking out a bit. LOL!

Good one. Definitely a good one.

Lyric says:

Yeah, it's good you told us yesterday. All you need is someone to try it, have their house burn down and blame you for it! lol.

Nobodys Nothings says:

oh noes! i admit it, i fell for it hook, line and sinker! i saw the post in my feed reader, and was so surprised by such an ugly DIY project, that i didn't bother to read the rest of the post! thank you for posting the follow up blog, or i may never have known. *sigh* i was wondering why you'd want to decorate your pots, since it was so obvious you couldn't cook with them like that… sheesh i'm such an idiot.

Shirley says:

Haha… I totally didn't scroll down for the tutorial. I was like… hmm… not doing that! So thanks for reposting that it was april fools. Hilarious!

Lora says:

hahahahah!!!!! I called my husband over to the computer and said "Ok, seriously, people are going too far with ruffles!" He said "you should really stop reading that blog!" HAHA!!!!

Esbe says:

funny…

Marilou says:

What's funny is that I follow you through Google Reader and I didn't scroll down. I was thinking, "Man, she is really out of ideas…" So glad you posted this one!!!
    Good joke :)

Katy says:

Funny! I was like, "Not one of her better ideas!"

Jamie says:

Haha! I didn't even scroll down to see that it was a joke! I took one look at them and was just like, "Oh, sorry Ashley… This one's not for me!" I didn't even think about the fire hazard part because I was so thrown off by the tackiness of it! :) Congrats on being the ONLY April Fool's joke I fell for!

Charlene says:

Oh, my husband didn't fall for my April Fool's joke, either. (Toilet tissue in the toes of his shoes, won't fit when he tried to put them on)

But, he said he felt loved that I tried.

Love Our House says:

That was honestly so funny yesterday! I just love that you still enjoy a sense of humor with all of this. Thanks again for all of the other truly WONDERFUL ideas!

Jami Schoettler says:

I did that to husband this year, but it totally worked for me. I just asked him to get me a glass of water early in the morning and he came back with a wet shirt! He put it back on later that night when I was going to do the dishes, but I turned the water on so low that it didn't even reach me! Haha. Jami

Tamara Mitchell says:

Yes you did…I didn't even make it down to the tutorial…thought they were "um…not my taste" and deleted the email (I subscribe to your feed). So it wasn't until this post that I became aware that were really don't put out those…at a loss for words…decorated Easter pots!
    Anyways, thank you for letting me know I got tricked!!!

Cindy says:

Hah.. you got me too. I looked at it, didn't scroll down far enough and went "wtf? Ok… moving on…"

Ang says:

I'm so glad that was a joke – I thought those were the tackiest things I'd ever seen! :D I lost faith in you for a moment – but it's been restored, thank goodness!

Jennifer says:

The only reason I scrolled down yesterday was to read comments. I wanted to see if people were actually going to say, "great idea, how clever, how cute, etc.". I thought surely not. I laughed out loud.

Paula says:

I didn't see this until today and logged on to your blog and didn't read a thing, just scrolled to the project and thought, ewwwwww, why would she do that??? If I had read on April 1st I too would have fallen for it and thought you had really lost your mind. what a great April fools, I may steal the idea next year with my scrapbooking group. I may not use pots and pans but will think of something good. thanks for the laugh.

Burnhams says:

I thought they were cute, really cute. And I still do, but then I realized you were actually "thinking" of cooking with them on and I though NO WAY. but they are still cute!

Josh…I tried emailing you but it didn't work for some reason. But I thought I'd direct you to my FAQ page, where I answer the camera question a little better! Best of luck!