I’m back…

Wow, what an adventure.
We moved our whole lives across country (from Idaho to Georgia) and I was surprised by the results.

I didn’t hate it.

It wasn’t horrible.

And it actually went by very quickly.

The little kiddos did really well and the time actually flew by.
I couldn’t believe it.

And let me tell you, we packed this car full. Whew.

And I’m not sure why my little miss is making a puking face…..well, maybe she’s helping us remember for years to come that she had the flu the whole day before in the car. But she was fine by the time I took this picture. And the trip still wasn’t that bad. Honest.

The time really sped by.
And we actually enjoyed ourselves.
Thank the heavens above.
(I was a nut case for weeks worrying about this trip.)

And now we’re here.
Happy to be settling in.

And would you think we were nuts if we spent some time today
at the beach?

Yes, we know that it’s December.

We just had to.
We left so much snow behind us.
A blue sky and beautiful ocean water was too much to refuse.

Even Mr. Loves Everything About Fresh Fallen Snow was smitten with our surroundings today.

And this little lady felt as free as a bird…

And this little man was happy to have space to run…
(and especially grateful to be out of his carseat.)

Thanks for all of the tips, well wishes, and prayers. I’m extremely grateful we have made it here safely.

Anyway, things are back on track now.
(And to answer some of you who were wondering…….yes, this blog will continue. I have some ideas stored away that are dying to be tested out.)

And I’m working on getting to all of the emails and questions. There’s quite a few saved up for me in my inbox…..but I’ll get to you soon, if you’re waiting for a response.

Oh, the shop is open again too.

And gosh, thanks for a wonderful year of support.
I have enjoyed working to build up this little ‘ol blog…….and getting to know so many of you.
What a great year.

Comments

50 Responses to “I’m back…”
    Scrappy Gifts says:

Glad you made it! Fun pictures-how beautiful to be by the ocean!

Allison and Mason: says:

I know you don't know me but this was a fun blog to see you with your family. I'm glad you guys made it safe.

Jeni says:

Glad to hear the move went well! I don't blame you for going to the beach! It's 7 degrees here and we've got 6 inches of snow, so the beach sounds wonderful! :)

Care says:

WOOHOO for making it there safely and sanely! Moving is the worst!

The Robinson Bunch says:

glad to see you made it safely and in one piece (mentally) LOL!….anywho I have a weird question, I would like to buy a new sewing machine and was wondering which one you have? and if you would recommend anything, I'm a beginner sewer, I have made a few things on my friends "Brother" machine and its a nice one, but since I want to be able to make alot of your stuff, I was wondering what your thoughts were…Thanks, Tiffany.

KCC and Dalling Family! says:

Hurray! Glad you made it safe and sound! I've been thinking bout you guys and wondering how it all went. Hope you settle in nicely and love the new area – looks beautiful!

Becky says:

Glad you are back! And what great pics!

Krystal says:

So glad you are back and made it safely!

Oh, and this blog….MUST ALWAYS be available! Keep that creative mind tickin' There is no other option….right?!

Rose says:

I love your photos!! You guys all look so relaxed and happy!! Glad to hear your move went well. Wish I was on a beach somewhere, it's totally snowing here!! Have fun settling in, and Happy New Year!

Genevieve says:

yay! i'm glad you made it and everything went so good!! hope you get settled in soon too! :)

The Fifth Street Mama says:

Glad you had a great journey and enjoyed yourself.

Vanssmomc says:

So happy to hear your move went well, the pics of your family and you at the beach are great!! Enjoy your new home!

Lynn from For Love or Funny says:

Wow! I'm delighted to hear that your adventure went so well! Welcome to your new home!!

You guys are so sweet. Thanks for the warmth!

Tiffany, check out this post in my FAQ section for my thoughts on a sewing machine. Good luck!

anhesty says:

great photos and the kids are so well behaved for such a long trip. congrats on the move! and glad you made it safely!

Jefferey and Victoria says:

Amazing. I am making a similar trip (Idaho to Alabama) in the spring with just one child, but I don't know if I will come out saying it was as smooth as yours:)

Krystal says:

Glad you had a safe trip!

Robyn says:

congrats on a smooth move! we moved from ID to TX 2 years ago…in December too! hubby had the great idea to move ourselves so we took two trips….1500 miles 24 hours of driving! glad you enjoyed it, have fun in Georgia!

Hayley says:

Glad you made it safe. Where in GA did you move? We are in Columbus (Fort Benning) for a year…move in May.

Hayley

Laurie says:

I love that they're wearing winter coats at the beach!

dana says:

Welcome "home"! What an adventure. I'm glad you didn't hate the drive and I'm especially glad you made it to the ocean. Enjoy Georgia. It really calls my name….

Kristie says:

Good idea to visit the beach! Glad your family made it safe and so looking forward to reading your fun/inspiring blog again.

The Homespun Momma says:

I hope you and your family enjoy Georgia! It is a wonderful place to live full of amazing people!

Petra says:

I discovered your website while searching for a pattern for plastic grocery bags. I am so impressed! You're my new hero. I'm a mom-to-be and all your kid clothes and binky holders and baby shoes have me itching to buy cute fabric and get right to work. Sadly, the cuteness must wait while I make curtains for our bare windows. (We moved recently.) Anyway, I hope you keep posting these fantastic tutorials. I will be checking in frequently. :)

Jonie says:

Congrats on making the move and welcome to the South! We are glad to have you here!!

The Blakes says:

Hope this isn't too weird but I know this guy from Idaho who looks very similar to your husband and I was wondering if his name is Stephen? He was a friend in college. Just had to ask.

The Crebs Family says:

Well it has been snowing all day in Rexburg! Enjoy a little extra sunshine for those still enduring the winter :)

Kristin Dyer says:

Glad you made it safe. I have been there and done that about a year and a half ago. The trip is the easy part, now it is time to adjust to a new place. Good luck with everything. Prayers and thoughts are with you. I just love your blog. Follow it almost daily. You are amazing.

Emily says:

Hi! Just found your blog and I'm excited to sort through all of your great ideas!
    Emily

Brenden+Nikki says:

Hey Ash- glad your trip went well. I'm working on more projects that you've put up…you'd be proud of my efforts I think :)

Cori Jeide says:

You left the snow, but you forgot to leave the over-sized fir parkas!

Thanks again everyone.

The Blakes, yes it's probably the same guy. Steve and I just moved with our kids from Idaho. How funny…..but nope, you're not crazy!! :)

Nikki, YAY for you! Can't wait to see what you've made.

And Cori, yes, I know…..I needed to put those babies to work. There are only going to be a few short opportunities to use them!

Kelley says:

My humble opinion is this: The best families, the most loving families all live by the SEA!

An (Irish, redheaded) island girl who has moved 19 times in 28 years of marriage

Amber says:

Glad your trip went well but I have a tiny peice of advice I'd like to offer you and please don't take it the wrong way…the chest clip on your daughter's carseat needs to be moved up to armpit height to be safest. Most people get offended when I do this but I'm just concerned for everyone's safety and know you'd rather be safe than sorry!! I do have to give you much kudos for keeping an older child in a five point harness though…yay for you!!

Rachel and Danny says:

If you guys are near Savannah, then you're one lucky family! I made your trip, but the opposite way for college – from southern Georgia to Utah. I sure do miss it. You'll love it there – most everyone does :)

Kerrie says:

I am so happy for you! We moved to SC 21 years ago yesterday and we have never regretted it! There is nothing like going down to the ocean and walking the beach no matter what season it is! I love your blog and am now following. Kerrie

jodi says:

Great to see that you made it okay.

Amber, oh I don't take one bit of offense. In fact, thanks for another reminder. It's always a battle to keep her from touching and messing with her seat belt. She likes to slide that thing up and down and take her arms out. We always pull the car to a stop and make her put her arms back in but it still freaks me out. But I probably need to watch the height of that clip a little better. So thank you. And good eye!!

Sarah says:

Good job on the move. Now that you don't live here any more, can you tell us where in Idaho you were? I'm dying yo know how close you were to me. I love your blog and am so greatful for the wonderful ideas and projects.

Ha Ha Sarah……yeah, I guess I was a little paranoid about sharing with the whole world exactly where I lived. (Though many knew, I'm sure.) But we lived in Rexburg, ID. Small little town with tons of snow. But a great first 4.5 years of our marriage. We loved our time there! You're too cute…..now you have to tell me how close you were. :)

Jefferey and Victoria says:

I was wondering the same as Sarah! I live in Boise now but I lived in Rexburg and Idaho Falls for the past 2-3 years. fun!

:o) mg says:

Welcome to Georgia… and Happy New Year!

D says:

Welcome to Georgia!!! I`m from the sweet onion city of Vidalia.

Family Fun says:

Faith saw Elley and said, "Oh my best friend." We are going to miss you guys. Glad you are HAPPY and safe.

Dainty Couture says:

Welcome to Georgia! Looks like we are neighbors! What beach are you visiting?

carlyle3 says:

Welcome to GA from Decatur! I've lived her my whole life and love it. And folks, they are wearing the coats because it does get cold here!! ;)

Angie O says:

Welcome to Georgia! Isn't it beautiful here?!

Erin says:

i am glad that the trip went well. good luck in your new home!

silkcrocs says:

Looks like Tybee? You'll love it there if it is.

Aaron and Stephanie Shumway (and family) says:

Wow- we're about to make the same journey… almost.. Az to GA. I'm excited- thanks for posting this- it motivated me to get off the internet and pack some more!