Printed Baby Books

First of all, I am not being paid one penny for promoting this next website. I just happen to really love them.
Have you heard of Blurb?

They are an online free bookmaking website. So if you don’t have the time or space to scrapbook…..and still have a ton of digital photos that don’t have a home yet, you may fall in love with blurb the same way that I have. Once you create an account with them, you upload their free program to your computer and then create a book with very user-friendly tools and layouts. (You can upload your family blog and print it out as a book too!) It’s really simple…….not one bit fussy……and extremely affordable. Probably the best I’ve found so far for the quality you receive. (If you know of others……clue me in, I’d love to know.) And I didn’t create scrapbook-y, detailed pages, which I know is so fun……I just didn’t have time. And I (and my memories) were getting tired of “waiting until I had time”. But you can create more of the “scrappy” look and upload your pages to the book. So simple.

Anyway, I finally finished and it and couldn’t be more happy with the results. When all 183 hardbound pages arrived in the mail, my little lady sat on the ground, flipping through pages of herself. She couldn’t have had a bigger grin on her face. All worth it.

Anyway, just wanted to pass on an online book making idea to those who are interested. It sure saved me some money from printing out actual pictures at the store, buying the album, the paper, the embellishments, etc. Another time in my life I’d love to do so…..but for now, I am seriously pleased with our first of many hardcover baby books. www.blurb.com

Enjoy your weekend.

Comments

30 Responses to “Printed Baby Books”
    Leanna says:

I am a big fan of blurb.com, too! I make a blog yearbook of our family every year. I love it!

p.s. You should totally make one of all your tutorials and then sell it to the public…just a thought! =D

Ariel says:

I made 3 books, and I love it. They are wonderfull, professional looking and cheap! I use the very large format and made one for each year… I start to project to make one for every holidays trip!

Kim says:

I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing.

Katie says:

cool! thanks! have a great weekend!

Kolby and Amy says:

I love blurb, I've already made one but each year I turn my blog into a book so it's our family scrapbook/journal and memory book…LOVE IT!! How did you get your front cover so cute, blurb doesn't have the cutest backgrounds. Did you do it on another program and upload it as a picture? If you wouldn't mind letting me know I'd really appreciate it! You can email me at [email protected]. I LOVE your blog, you have the cutest ideas thanks for sharing!

Cindy says:

Adorable! I've done one with Snapfish before, but I really like this!

Abbey says:

I LOVE Blurb! We did our wedding book there. WAY cheaper than any other online sight. I got an 80 page book, high quality papaper, hard bound, image wrapped for less than $50! I couldn't have even printed all the pictures myself for that price!

I made the cover in photoshop. But you could make a scrappy page with any program and save it as a .jpg file and upload it to your front cover….or any page for that matter. They are just so affordable!

And I've done snapfish before too…..but you can include so many more pages for your buck this way.

Mom's Place says:

I have never heard of Blurb! Thanks for posting! Going to check them out now!

Strand Family says:

I'm going to check them out! I've been looking for a good place to print my blog. I found one, but wasn't in love with it so maybe this one will be better. Thanks!

Becky R. says:

I use blurb as well and I've been very impressed with the way my books turn out. Everyone should try it!

Carol B says:

i love your generous nature….most other blogs SELL every idea they have.
    Have a great weekend.
    God bless

aubrey says:

I've been saying for years that I was going to start ordering photos like this…seriously, once a year upload them all order a neat, thin, easy to store photo album.

Scrappy Gifts says:

I love Blurb! I am working on my 2nd blog book which has about 200 pages in it. For me it's great to have all my "journaling" from my blog into a book.
    Smart way to make a scrapbooky cover in your comment.
    I've also made a book using Shutterfly; they have more scrapbooky pages, but they are more expensive than Blurb.

Beattie Family says:

I love blurb too. My mom, sisters and I go on a retreat once a year. The first year we paper scrap booked, the second we did hybrid, and last year and this coming fall we make blurb books! I would also recommend using the higher quality paper. A few dollars more but definitely worth it.

Jill says:

Super duper cute. I do all mine through Shutterfly. Curious about the price comparison…how much did that book cost you?
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your site too. You are dang amazing. Jealous!

Martha says:

I had never heard of them and I absolutely love the idea.

Thanks!!!

Kellie says:

This is so weird and perfect timing! I just found their website yesterday and wondered how it would turn out!! Thank you

The Shaw Family says:

I LOVE blurb and tell every blogger I know about it. Such a time saver. My grandparents and parents can't get over how awesome I am at journal writing… I finally broke down and told them it was just my blog put into book format… thanks to BLURB.COM !!! I love having a journal that incorporates my blog and family pics. I also love that you can add/subtract pics and text that you had in your blog. Very easy and versatile.
    I have made it and I LOVE IT!

Giles Fam says:

I am finally about to get around and make one! Thanks for the kick in the pants to get going on it. But now I can't decide if I should make one out of my blog–or do like you did–and make one of our family blog. Ahhh! The decisons!! :)

Giles Fam says:

…ha ha

I meant I can't decided between making one of our kids' baby books or our family blog. :)

dft says:

Hi! If you don't mind my asking. . . approximately how much did you spend for the 183 hardbound pages you made. It's so beautiful but I'm not sure if it will fit our budget. Thanks!

cherry

Brittany says:

I've hear about it but never checked it out. Thanks for sharing!

Darin and Carolyn says:

those are so cute! thanks for sharing!

Yes……I can share with you what I paid. I spent about $50 on my book with 183 pages, bound with a hard cover. It was originally supposed to be about $60, but I googled, "blurb coupon code" and found this:

I always google to see if there is a coupon code, whenever I shop on line. you never know! Anyway, I really think that $50 is cheaper than printing out as many pictures that I included in there….and then not to mention the album and papers I would have had to buy. Much cheaper and a lot less work….love that! :)

Rose says:

This is what I do with my digital scrapbooking, except that I design the whole thing, each page, using digital kits and a digital scrapbooking program. Takes longer than ones like yours, but I love it and it's so much fun!! You can see some examples of my layouts on my blog.

Tara says:

Hey girlie!!

I am LOVIN' yer blog so I am passing an award onto YOU!!

Check it out here: http://itsagirlthing1.blogspot.com/2009/10/awwwwwawards.html

Thanks for all of the FAB ideas! Luvs!!

Chalece says:

I did my own wedding album on blurb and I love it! I am in the process of making our family albums in 12×12 (which is a new size!) with pages that I have already scrapbooked. I love their pricing, and the books look fantastic!!

Bobi says:

I don't know if you will get this, but I am using blurb.com to make a book and was wondering how you did your cover? Where did you get the template? Love your stuff…good luck with the move!

Hey Bobi, I just used photoshop and then uploaded it as a jpeg file. But you could use any sort of free scrapbooking stuff to create your own image to use as a cover. I believe there are even sites that have premade layouts that you could use.

Good luck! :)