A new PATTERN in my etsy shop…

If you’re at all interested, I have added a new pattern to my etsy shop that I’m pretty excited about.

The Lily Skirt
(pattern includes sizes XS-XXL)

Wow, I love this skirt for many reasons. But mostly because it’s been so warm and I love how cool it keeps me. I just throw on some flip-flops, a simple top, and I’m ready for the day.
Excellent.
(Thanks to my sweet friends for modeling for me.)

And yes, I have several skirts made from this pattern and have plans to make 1 more.
Or maybe 2 more.

But I’ll stop after that.

Maybe.

And I just have to say that it is the perfect skirt for those sweet preggo bellies.

Nice and stretchy and comfy.

It really works with any waistline. That nice tall waistband does a great job disguising what’s underneath.
Love that.

Anyway, you can find the PDF file for sale in my etsy shop here.

Have a great weekend. Relax a bit……..it’s summertime.

Comments

16 Responses to “A new PATTERN in my etsy shop…”
    Steven and Savannah says:

I LOVE it!

Rose says:

So cute, I went and bought the pattern. (Do you think if I had half a brain I might be able to adjust the pattern and add straps to make a cute toddler dress? That's what I thought it was at first glance, as I had dresses like that when I was little. Or, maybe you could make a toddler dress pattern that looks like this skirt?!) Can't wait to try it out :)

Dalling Family says:

Very cute! I can guess all but one of your lovely models too! The preggo belly really gives it away. he he he – she is too cute pregnant! Once we get settled here, I may just have to get this pattern from ya. One litte thing I noticed online – disclaimer for not selling it says purses – don't know if you want to change that or not. Anyhow – very attractive and fun lil skirt!

Gena says:

LOVE this skirt! I just sewed my first skirt this past week, and I love it! I was reading about the PDF on your Etsy site. Is that elastic thread what makes it all bunchy at the top? It looks really hard for a newby like me! …and I just read someone else's comment about the toddler dress. Would that work to add straps? Or could you make a pattern for that too? It's so, so cute! Thanks. [email protected]

Danny & Crystal says:

Those turned out sooo cute! I love that it works for maternity too! Awesome job :)

Tricia @ 5 Little Monkeys says:

That is one cute skirt!

Rachel Hanchett says:

I love the skirt but couldn't find the pattern on your etsy shop, are they all gone already?

Dennis and Jenny says:

I couldn't find the pattern on your etsy shop…do you have more?

Valerie says:

I went to find the pattern and couldnt find it :-(. Help!!

Allison the Meep says:

I LOVE this skirt, and really need something like this because I'm pregnant. I like to sew, but I'm a wing it kind of girl – patterns are like a foreign language to me. Do you think someone like me would be able to handle the directions without too much trouble? Kind of a vague question – sorry! :)

You know Allison, the pattern is very forgiving. You don't have to sew perfectly……especially all of the smocked seams, because once it all bunches up, you can't notice any crooked lines. And in my opinion, it is a pretty basic pattern to follow. I have 5 or 6 girls over at my house making them and their skill levels were all different. I included a troubleshooting section at the bottom of the pattern to help with any problems you may run into with the smocking. It's totally up to you but it's worth a try. And gosh, you'll love it with your preggo belly.

Shealynn Benner says:

That is adorable!! I am going to buy it very soon! :) Where did you get that ADORABLE fabric in the first picture? My girls would love that fabric – I want to make them matching dresses or skirts. ;)

Thanks!

Sacrifices of Joy says:

Looks like it would be perfect for that "after pregnancy" belly flab as well!! At least that is what I am hoping!

Krystal says:

I've used that fabric for a summer dress for my little girl too! They are long enough that I just took some robbon and made straps that can tie over both shoulders. It is way cute. The scrunchie part sits over her boddess and then the rest flows down into a cute little dress. Fun, Fun :) Love the adult skirt idea :)

Shealynn – I forgot to mention that the fabric is "City Girl" by Kitty Yoshida. Good luck!

Abby says:

OMGoodness! I just bought the pattern and I'm beyond excited!!! I love your blog so much!

'Kay – going to make the skirt! I'm nervous!