Quilted Card

I made some quilted cards this morning. Quick? Pretty much……unless you have to re-cut things a billion times because you can’t cut a straight line. Like me. It’s okay. It just turns a 5 minute project into a 30 minute one. :)

Pretty self explanatory……no need for a tutorial. (But if you do have a question and it doesn’t seem self explanatory, please let me know.)

**Except one hint. Put some double sided tape (or those scrapbooking double sided sticky things…..what are they called?!?) behind your fabric before sewing, to prevent shifting while sewing.

Filed under Gift Ideas, Miscellaneous, Sewing

Comments

10 Responses to “Quilted Card”
    Rose says:

ooooh, very cute, I like it!!

Nate says:

SOOOO CUTE!!! Thanks for sharing all of your awesome ideas!!! -ash fincher

Suzanne says:

Thanks for this idea! I just made my first card – it's posted on my blog.

Jessie says:

I love all your posts, so adorable! I am so excited to try the projects! Thanks for taking the time to post all of this for us!

Katie says:

Did you put anything in the inside of the card to cover up the area that was sewn?

No, I didn't put anything in there. I didn't mind the stitching in there…… But you could always place another white card inside there and glue them together. And then trim the edges. Good luck!

Katie says:

Thanks! I have been trying to get into card making, but it can be so expensive. This is a great way to make CHEAP homemade cards. Can't wait to try it!

I like how easy and creative you can be, that is a gift from God. Thank you for post your ideas for all of us. thank you Ashley

Cindy says:

I just found you through Pinterest via your “thanks for coming” party favours! Love it and all of these tutorials! I think I’ll have to retire my knitting needles for the summer and start sewing projects! Thanks for all these tutorials. Cheers!

Caitlin says:

Did you use special cards or just plain paper?

I love this idea, and it seems like a good one for someone as craft challenged as I am. Thanks!